Latest desktop build 2.6.1

Helen

Dear community,

Sync 2.6.1.1319 release is now available. It's available via "Check now" (manual update) and is pushed to autoupdate. Also, you can get it via direct links below or from resilio.com site.

Direct Download Links:

Here are what's new and change log.

• Helen pinned this topic
1 hour ago, Helen said:

please replace 2.6.0 with 2.6.1 in the link. I'll update the links there shorty. Thank you for pointing this out.

np :) I'll try again when I'm home later. Updated all my Windows 10 PCs this morning; skipped my armhf Raspberry Pi because of the version number thing. Thanks for the response.

2 minutes ago, skst said:

2.6.1 installed successfully on my Windows 7 32-bit machine, but still fails to install on my Windows 10 Home 64-bit rig. Unlike 2.6.0, it doesn't even leave behind a Resilio Sync.exe.new file.

2018-09-27.png

Are you running it as a service? And if you are, did you stop the Resilio Sync service in Services first before installing, as well as check the Install as Windows Service option?

On 9/26/2018 at 7:40 AM, Helen said:

Dear community,

Sync 2.6.0.1317 release is now available. It's available only via "Check now" (manual update) and is NOT available via autoupdate. Also, you can get it via direct links below or from resilio.com site.

Direct Download Links:

Here are what's new and change log.

Friendly tip, you should develop a checklist of what you need to change when you copy and paste the previous release post so you have proper links, proper version info (Sync 2.6.0.1317!!!), etc.  There should be less problems when making updates, not more, unless there are process problems. Eventually, it'll be muscle memory and you can do it without having to refer to a checklist.

Also, your changelog should be including the .1317 part of the version string, or you don't use it. Don't mix.

@jdrch, ahh oops. My original response was meant for @skst.

I understand your logic about why you run your Resilio Sync as Service. However, I am so used to non-service installations that I don't feel like making the switch for Windows (I have service based installation on Linux Server).

Is there an upgrade log that I can look into why the upgrade fails for non-service installation?

Upgrading from 2.6.0 to 2.6.1:

WHS2011: Upgrade failed, said Resilio Sync.exe was in use (it was, I was watching Taskmanager). Then I close the box, and it didn't upgrade, didn't relaunch, and didn't have Resilio Sync.exe running in the background anymore.  So basically failed to close it first and then upgrade, but was able to close it, apparently.  With it closed, I go to upgrade to 2.6.1. No errors during install. First time start, it probably took over 20 minutes to finish the progress bar and open. At least it did upgrade to 2.6.1 and fixed the 'no trackers' bug.

Windows 10: Upgrade failed, get the 'cannot find the file specified' popup. I exit Resilio and run the installer manually. I select next in the installer, and instead of where you'd normally see the installer copying files, it just launched Resilio Sync.exe still running 2.6.0. No errors were displayed to indicate any problem upgrading to 2.6.1.

In other words, same issues since before 2.5.12.

Perhaps they do all their development and testing on Win 7 boxes with less security?

Edited by Timbo

For those that ran into the following error

image.png.7fc7afc4f354dfb63acf0536f4051606.png

there is a workaround for non-Service installation (Windows 10 specific)

You can launch Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc). Under Startup tab, Disable "Resilio Sync" from launching.
Log out, and Log back in, but do not launch Resilio Sync
Open Windows Explorer and browse to %UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\Resilio Sync
Rename Resilio Sync.exe to Resilio Sync.exe.old
Rename Resilio Sync.exe.new to Resilio Sync.exe

You can go back to Task Manager to re-enable Resilio Sync for startup
You can then either log out and log back in or launch Resilio manually.

2.6.1 runs now, but it now uncovers a ton of warnings...files it can't download etc. I have yet to figure out what is going there.

3 hours ago, thinkmac said:

Rename Resilio Sync.exe.new to Resilio Sync.exe

Unfortunately, when 2.6.1 fails to install, it doesn't leave behind a Resilio Sync.exe.new as 2.6.0 did. (At least, it doesn't on my machine.)

Still, perhaps deleting the executable will permit the standalone installer to run to completion.

I also experienced the same installation failure as previously described when attempting upgrade from 2.6.0 from a non-service type install. I also went through the additional step of first uninstalling Resilo and then re-installing as non-service and the error repeated. However, after again deleting the software and reinstalling but this time as a service no errors occurred and the software is syncing as expected showing version 2.6.1 as active.

This indicates to me that developers have an error in the installation / upgrade portion of their software that needs to be addressed. In case they happen to be monitoring this thread I am using Windows 10 Home OS build 17134.285 version 1803.

One key thing I noticed is that even with Resilio Sync program completely shut down, some unknown process is taking a hold of the program file; thus preventing any types of operation (such as deletion, renaming etc).

%UserProfile%\AppData\Roaming\Resilio Sync\Resilio Sync.exe

Under Process Explorer, I can't figure out what is taking a hold of the file, but explorer.exe is taking a hold of some DLL extensions such as ShellExtensionPath64_515.dll. I also shut down my AntiVirus program too, so it is definitely not the virus scanning program.

10 hours ago, hummus said:

after upgrading to 1.6.1 i keep getting the no source peers online, even though ever peer is online and some even have the file and it has synced, but still says cant sync the file :/

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

Yes, I have same exact issues as well, and while I tried to address them manually, they will keep coming back for more files that it can't seem to download. I have since downgraded back to 2.5.13