Latest desktop build 2.6.1

Helen

5 hours ago, Ewoud said:

@Helen

Just wanted to mention that all links on the page (https://www.resilio.com/individuals/) point to the windows x64 build (https://download-cdn.resilio.com/stable/windows64/Resilio-Sync_x64.exe).

Would be nice if you could update them so that they point to the correct builds. ?

I think they lost some good people on their team over time. Probably cut back the team thinking that the software was mostly developed (?). Or thinking developers do their own QA. (hahahaha).

16 hours ago, Gane O'dwyer said:

@nemamea1 @fruitscandy @Stefan Segers 

The thing is that due to tech problems the issue with peers disconnecting occured and we have fixed already. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Meanwhile you need to restart Sync on the problematic peers.

Can you confirm the bug and a fix where random files just fail to sync with error "These files cannot be downloaded as there are no source peers online for too long time." even though other files in the same dir got sync'd before and after and that the peer is definitely online ? This is super annoying and with no resolution in almost 2 months of experiencing this, I need to start thinking about using something else.

A workaround other than manually just copying the file yourself, which is what I've been doing. 

Or a workaround to upgrading non-service installs from the Roaming folder?

17 hours ago, Timbo said:

Can you confirm the bug and a fix where random files just fail to sync with error "These files cannot be downloaded as there are no source peers online for too long time." even though other files in the same dir got sync'd before and after and that the peer is definitely online ? This is super annoying and with no resolution in almost 2 months of experiencing this, I need to start thinking about using something else.

A workaround other than manually just copying the file yourself, which is what I've been doing. 

Or a workaround to upgrading non-service installs from the Roaming folder?

I can't deal with that "files cannot be downloaded" bug, so I downgraded to 2.5.13. Hopefully, the devs will get their acts together and fix that nasty bug.

• 5 weeks later...

I went here to look if others have problems with this release... YES IT DOES.

Using Linux, so there are no upgrade-errors, just the fact that finding peers is impressively unreliable.

Also:

Why can't Resillio post version release-notes link right here: https://www.resilio.com/platforms/desktop/   ???  - why do we need to dig around to find it ?

38 minutes ago, skst said:

FYI, if you're experiencing mouse lag/stutter, it could be the Resilio Sync shell extensions constantly writing to the ShellExtIO.log file at a rate of 1 Kbps. I had to remove the shell extensions to make them stop.

Oh geez. I am experiencing an Explorer mouse lag/stutter and it's driving me bonkers. I've lost hours and hours of productivity rebooting and interrupting my work thinking it was Windows or how many browser tabs I have open.

Did you use a nirsoft utility or a Microsoft utility? I think a little more details will help us all out :)  Thanks!!!

• Helen unpinned this topic

Installation of the upgrade fails on three different Synology NAS (ds718+, ds415+ and  ds716+). Using last version of Synology DSM.

Tried to downgrade to 2.6.1 fails (message: "Please re-install the package because something went wrong")

At the moment, the only solution is uninstall and re-install but configuration will be lost.

Thank you

res.png

31 minutes ago, carloxp said:

Installation of the upgrade fails on three different Synology NAS (ds718+, ds415+ and  ds716+). Using last version of Synology DSM.

Tried to downgrade to 2.6.1 fails (message: "Please re-install the package because something went wrong")

At the moment, the only solution is uninstall and re-install but configuration will be lost.

Thank you

res.png

How did you manage to get 2.6.2 on your NAS when they have only released 2.6.1?  We've all been waiting months for fixes to issues in 2.6.1 without a peep from Resilio, so seeing a 2.6.2 released to the field without any mention on this forum is mind blowing, though it probably shouldn't come as a surprise anymore.

It is unclear what you're trying to do if an upgrade fails and then you want to downgrade. It's usually one or the other.

9 minutes ago, Timbo said:

How did you manage to get 2.6.2 on your NAS when they have only released 2.6.1?  We've all been waiting months for fixes to issues in 2.6.1 without a peep from Resilio, so seeing a 2.6.2 released to the field without any mention on this forum is mind blowing, though it probably shouldn't come as a surprise anymore.

It is unclear what you're trying to do if an upgrade fails and then you want to downgrade. It's usually one or the other.

I just gone to download page for Synology NAS and downloaded. That's all!

Once the upgrade failed i tried to downgrade.

Addendum: just noted that update to 2.6.2 was removed.

8 minutes ago, Timbo said:

Look at red arrow:

nas3.png.0bf2a2101953339b974cb7e76362d3e1.png