Latest Desktop Build 2.6.2

Helen

Click Check for Update.

Authorize elevation to administrator privileges. (Why? Is Resilio Sync still being installed to Roaming? It should install into AppData\Local\ which does not require administrator privileges.)

Failure.

2018-09-27.png.76bca3dcdc0f11a2e6f729986

Once again, there's a sale going on, and I'd take advantage of it, but the upgrader is still broken, and I can't find any workarounds (or fixes) from Resilio.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, skst said:

Click Check for Update.

Authorize elevation to administrator privileges. (Why? Is Resilio Sync still being installed to Roaming? It should install into AppData\Local\ which does not require administrator privileges.)

I always just download the Windows build directly from the forum link and go from there. I suspect the reason it installs in that way is to allow access to the folders of other (non-admin) users so it can sync them too.

Personally I run Sync as a service (protected by a pretty strong password) which avoids the permissions problem (my antivirus as the same privileges so running as SYSTEM doesn't bother me.)

1 hour ago, skst said:

Click Check for Update.

Failure.

2018-09-27.png.76bca3dcdc0f11a2e6f729986

Once again, there's a sale going on, and I'd take advantage of it, but the upgrader is still broken, and I can't find any workarounds (or fixes) from Resilio.

I've been attempting the install and having it fail, then booting into safe mode and moving over/renaming the exe in the roaming folder.

14 hours ago, jdrch said:

I always just download the Windows build directly from the forum link and go from there. I suspect the reason it installs in that way is to allow access to the folders of other (non-admin) users so it can sync them too.

Yeah, I tried downloading it, too. The downloaded installer goes through the motions, starts Resilio Sync, and it's still the same old version (2.6.1). No error message displayed at all.

Users don't have access to other users' Roaming folders, so I don't think that's it.

I've been attempting the install and having it fail, then booting into safe mode and moving over/renaming the exe in the roaming folder.

I might be wrong, but I don't think users should be forced to do that. 🙂

53 minutes ago, skst said:

Yeah, I tried downloading it, too. The downloaded installer goes through the motions, starts Resilio Sync, and it's still the same old version (2.6.1). No error message displayed at all.

Users don't have access to other users' Roaming folders, so I don't think that's it.

I might be wrong, but I don't think users should be forced to do that. 🙂

Oh, you're not wrong, this is epic design and QA failure for sure. This is what happens when there are no experienced developers on a team.

You just asked for a work around. For me, it was worth it to stop the bug where files fail to sync due to no peers being online (when there are several). That caused much more inconvenience than two reboots and 7+ minutes of time.

I've lost any expectation that they will fix this error anytime soon.

2 hours ago, Timbo said:

You just asked for a work around. For me, it was worth it to stop the bug where files fail to sync due to no peers being online (when there are several). That caused much more inconvenience than two reboots and 7+ minutes of time.

🙂 You're absolutely right, thank you. I shouldn't let my frustration with RS make me cranky. If you need the update, it's worth the hassle. I used SysInternals MoveFile utility to schedule the delete and rename to avoid having to boot into Safe Mode. I'm supremely lazy. 😉

4 hours ago, skst said:

🙂 You're absolutely right, thank you. I shouldn't let my frustration with RS make me cranky. If you need the update, it's worth the hassle. I used SysInternals MoveFile utility to schedule the delete and rename to avoid having to boot into Safe Mode. I'm supremely lazy. 😉

I used Unlocker and it didn't work. Thanks for the MoveFile mention.  I'll try that for the inevitable next time.

after almost one month i still haven't seen a clear answer for the issue of 2.6.2 on Synology nas. Is it safe to install the 2.6.2 package on Synology NAS or leave it as 2.6.1?

I am using an old model of Synology nas which does not support docker. That's why I ask this question.

Thanks.

20 minutes ago, xfelix said:

after almost one month i still haven't seen a clear answer for the issue of 2.6.2 on Synology nas. Is it safe to install the 2.6.2 package on Synology NAS or leave it as 2.6.1?

I am using an old model of Synology nas which does not support docker. That's why I ask this question.

Thanks.

I bigger question is when Synology will issue proper speculative execution vulnerability patches ;) but I digress ...

1 hour ago, jdrch said:

I bigger question is when Synology will issue proper speculative execution vulnerability patches ;) but I digress ...

You wouldn't want that performance hit unless you shared your NAS with people you don't trust. The patches are really for cloud machines. That's why you're seeing more patches default disabled so as not to critically hobble those not necessarily at risk of malicious exploits.

2 hours ago, GeHoGo said:

With me version 2.6.2 is the first version that often crashes.

It's only because of my snyced 'Downloads' folder on macOS 10.14.2 and happens mostly when Safari changes the temp file of a download to the final file.

Not the worst thing but sometimes a little bit annoying.

Try adding the temp file ext to the IgnoreList and see if that helps. Then it shouldn't see the temp to final change, just when its the final file.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Helen unpinned this topic
  • 3 months later...

Hello all,

I'm coming here to know if some other Synology NAS users have been facing to the same problem. My Resilio Sync packages stops spontaneously after a certain amount of time. I am using the 2.6.3-1 (downloaded from the Resilio website). Interestingly, the package manager says that the most recent version is the 2.6.2-1 (see screenshot) and that's why I am answering to this thread as people seemed to have troubles with the last versions. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the package (loosing the whole config as described earlier here...) but the problem is still there. And as I can't find any of the previous versions available to download, I can't try to downgrade. Any idea? Solution? Download link?

Thank for your help! Have a lovely day!

2019-05-08_12-16-04.png

I use Resilio Sync Synology pack on an old NAS. 

2.6.3 has severe load issue which cause whole NAS extremely slow response. Very high CPU, Mem, and Disk usage. 

I downgraded to 2.6.2 but has 2G file transfer limit issue.

So I have to stay on 2.6.1 by now. 

I have another Synology nas which can run Docker. No issue of 2.6.3 in container environment.  

1 hour ago, xfelix said:

I use Resilio Sync Synology pack on an old NAS. 

2.6.3 has severe load issue which cause whole NAS extremely slow response. Very high CPU, Mem, and Disk usage. 

I downgraded to 2.6.2 but has 2G file transfer limit issue.

So I have to stay on 2.6.1 by now. 

I have another Synology nas which can run Docker. No issue of 2.6.3 in container environment.  

How much ram does your problem NAS have? I'm going to guess 512MB and your Docker capable has 2GB of RAM.

2 hours ago, Timbo said:

How much ram does your problem NAS have? I'm going to guess 512MB and your Docker capable has 2GB of RAM.

The problem Nas is DS112 which only has 256MB ram I believe. 

The one I am running docker is DS216+ii which upgraded ram to 8GB.