Helen

Latest Desktop Build 2.6.2

Recommended Posts

Dear community,

Sync 2.6.2.1330 release is now available. It's available via "Check now" (manual update) and by direct download links below or from resilio.com site. It was not pushed to autoupdate.

Direct Download Links:

Here are what's new and change log.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning

Installation of the upgrade fails on three different Synology NAS (ds718+, ds415+ and  ds716+). Using last version of Synology DSM.

Tried to downgrade to 2.6.1 fails (message: "Please re-install the package because something went wrong")

At the moment, the only solution is uninstall and re-install but configuration will be lost.

Thank you

nas2.png

nas1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PSA for those who're trying to update using the .deb and .rpm files: the official download links haven't been updated yet. Find your download URL using the following format:

 

https://download-cdn.resilio.com/MajorVersionNumber/Debian/resilio-sync_MajorVersionumber-Revision_Platform.deb

So, for example, for armhf, the URL would be:

https://download-cdn.resilio.com/2.6.2/Debian/resilio-sync_2.6.2-1_armhf.deb

Hope this helps everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Helen

Why are you posting the release before the links are updated? As part of your release check, that should be done BEFORE you post about the new version.  Please hire a QA manager as a lot of your issues would be avoided with some different practices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Helen

 

What is the status on moving the installation directory to a proper one instead of roaming? Still can't upgrade from 2.6.0, the installation just ends with starting 2.6.0 again. I see no mention of that in the release notes.

What is the status of the bug where files are not synced and says that no peers are online when they clearly are and sync other files even in the same dir? I see both of these bugs as showstoppers that should never have made it out of QA and should be high priority fixes.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2018 at 2:51 AM, carloxp said:

Good morning

Installation of the upgrade fails on three different Synology NAS (ds718+, ds415+ and  ds716+). Using last version of Synology DSM.

Tried to downgrade to 2.6.1 fails (message: "Please re-install the package because something went wrong")

At the moment, the only solution is uninstall and re-install but configuration will be lost.

Thank you

nas2.png

nas1.png

Which build platform is this? I tried updating on Ubuntu ARM64 last night and although the installation completed, it blew away my config.

Might this be related?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, jdrch said:

Which build platform is this? I tried updating on Ubuntu ARM64 last night and although the installation completed, it blew away my config.

Might this be related?

Hello

I don't think it's related because in my case the instalation failed and at the moment I'm unable to see if my configuration is intact or not.

However, the platform is for Synology NAS DSM variants apollolake, avoton and braswell but I suspect than the issue is for all DSM variants.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, carloxp said:

Hello

I don't think it's related because in my case the instalation failed and at the moment I'm unable to see if my configuration is intact or not.

However, the platform is for Synology NAS DSM variants apollolake, avoton and braswell but I suspect than the issue is for all DSM variants.

Are you sure the upgrade failed? It shows right in the screenshot "Installed version 2.6.2-1".

 

You're probably going to want to stop the service, backup your Resilio db files, uninstall, install, stop service, restore Resilio db files.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jdrch said:

Which build platform is this? I tried updating on Ubuntu ARM64 last night and although the installation completed, it blew away my config.

Might this be related?

 

Did you upgrade from a really old version? I somewhat recall they changed the usernames when they rebranded as resilio. I had problems right around then that might be related.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Timbo said:

Did you upgrade from a really old version? I somewhat recall they changed the usernames when they rebranded as resilio. I had problems right around then that might be related.

I think that might have been it! It was definitely rslsync in the previous version.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Timbo said:

Are you sure the upgrade failed? It shows right in the screenshot "Installed version 2.6.2-1".

 

You're probably going to want to stop the service, backup your Resilio db files, uninstall, install, stop service, restore Resilio db files.

Yes, it failed. It say "2.6.2-1" but there is also an "Error" in red.

Cant stop the service because the service don't start.

I upgraded from 2.6.1.

However, I expect that Resilio will fix, I don't want find some workaround because I fear to damage further the db.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jdrch said:

I think that might have been it! It was definitely rslsync in the previous version.

Ok, I don't that was it then. I think it's been rslsync since being on 2.x, and was btsync before that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Timbo said:

Ok, I don't that was it then. I think it's been rslsync since being on 2.x, and was btsync before that?

You're right. The reason was actually something very stupid on my end: I had originally installed from the repository and then updated via a standalone package. I think this created a separate Sync instance with a default configuration. Also, this was on Linux on DeX on my Snapdragon Note9, which may have added another wrinkle to things.

The interesting thing about this is apparently doing the reverse (installing from the .deb and then adding the repository) on armhf (Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+) doesn't result in duplicate installations. Running

sudo apt-get update

after adding the repository does in fact check the repository, but does not return an update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Gane O'dwyer said:

@carloxp Please contact support team. But prior to it please connect to your NAS via ssh and attach this file var/log/messages  right after the issue reproduction. Thank you.

@Gane O'dwyer thank you very much for replying.

First time I hear that there is a support for the customers, sorry! 😊 Could you please give me the address?

Okay for the log file, I will try to get it. Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's seems (in /var/log/messages) that Resilio Sync package try to create a shared folder named "Resilio Sync", but since the latest DSM update, you can't create a share folder with a space in the name...

/var/log/messages :

synoscgi_SYNO.Core.Package.Installation_1_install[27380]: share_create.c:112 Found normal folder in DSM Btrfs volume, path=/volume1/Resilio Sync
synoscgi_SYNO.Core.Package.Installation_1_install[27380]: share_create.c:274 Failed to create Resilio Sync [0xE700 share_create.c:113]
synoscgi_SYNO.Core.Package.Installation_1_install[27380]: data_share.cpp:273 Failed to create Resilio Sync [0xE700 share_create.c:113]
synoscgi_SYNO.Core.Package.Installation_1_install[27380]: resource_api.cpp:163 Acquire data-share for resiliosync when 0x0001 (fail)
synoscgi_SYNO.Core.Package.Installation_1_install[27380]: pkginstall.cpp:763 Failed to acquire resource after install resiliosync [0xE700 share_create.c:113]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@carloxp could you please check the content of the following directory?

/volume1/@appstore/resiliosync/var

if files exist there, copy them to a safe place

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Resilio 2.6.2 on Windows 10 (latest patch level) is constantly crashing after adding directories (not empty) after some time 4-5 seconds, while indexing files.

last entries in logfile:

[2018-12-05 19:02:06.360] API: --> getmfdevices(t=1544032926332)
[2018-12-05 19:02:06.361] API: --> getperformancewarnings(t=1544032926332)
[2018-12-05 19:02:08.805] class TcpSocketWrapper::TcpSocket::set_error[0x000001deb50f6ed0][-1] 10060 (offline (timed out))
[2018-12-05 19:02:08.805] class TcpSocketWrapper::TcpSocket::set_error[0x000001deb50f70b0][-1] 10060 (offline (timed out))
 

any ideas?

the only solution is to remove the directory, to stop crashing... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, sir106 said:

Resilio 2.6.2 on Windows 10 (latest patch level) is constantly crashing after adding directories (not empty) after some time 4-5 seconds, while indexing files.

last entries in logfile:

[2018-12-05 19:02:06.360] API: --> getmfdevices(t=1544032926332)
[2018-12-05 19:02:06.361] API: --> getperformancewarnings(t=1544032926332)
[2018-12-05 19:02:08.805] class TcpSocketWrapper::TcpSocket::set_error[0x000001deb50f6ed0][-1] 10060 (offline (timed out))
[2018-12-05 19:02:08.805] class TcpSocketWrapper::TcpSocket::set_error[0x000001deb50f70b0][-1] 10060 (offline (timed out))
 

any ideas?

the only solution is to remove the directory, to stop crashing... 

1. Could you please send logs & all '*.dmp' files from storage folder to support?

2. Could please try to add directory as 'Standard' folder? (Not 'Advanced' one which is used by default in Pro version)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now