Orcun

Files Become Zero Byte After Success Upload/Download

I've never liked their debug logs, as you need a decoder ring to make sense of errors, but I'd think you need the log from the other side. This log is basically just saying, "I got a file but it was size: 0". Need to know why the other side is telling you its a size 0 file.

Same problem here, using version 2.6.2 on Windows 10 and Raspberry. Luckily, the original versions seem to be present in the .sync/Archive subfolder, so I was able to restore them manually. But still, this bug severely reduces my confidence in this product. I need to constantly monitor folders with newly added files.

After adding a file on a Windows machine to a folder synched to the raspberry, the only line in the logfile on the raspberry that contains the filename is

[20190110 19:47:30.716] TF[8539] [0x60b560d0][/media/hdd-1tb/sync/foldername/xxxxfilesizetestxxxx]: error: "initial recheck" (1)

Edited by smee0815
add log file line

On 1/6/2019 at 2:25 PM, smee0815 said:

Same problem here, using version 2.6.2 on Windows 10 and Raspberry. Luckily, the original versions seem to be present in the .sync/Archive subfolder, so I was able to restore them manually. But still, this bug severely reduces my confidence in this product. I need to constantly monitor folders with newly added files.

After adding a file on a Windows machine to a folder synched to the raspberry, the only line in the logfile on the raspberry that contains the filename is

This issue was fixed in 2.6.3 version

I experienced this same problem running 2.6.3 (1340) on windows 10 and raspberry.  It's not fixed.

I do see them in the .sync/Archive folder.

I just don't know:  1-how to get them out of the archive folder, and 2-how to prevent this from happening again.

As a NEW user - I need some help.  Thanks.

38 minutes ago, Rich said:

I experienced this same problem running 2.6.3 (1340) on windows 10 and raspberry.  It's not fixed.

I do see them in the .sync/Archive folder.

I just don't know:  1-how to get them out of the archive folder, and 2-how to prevent this from happening again.

As a NEW user - I need some help.  Thanks.

Is the raspberry version also 2.6.3? 

9 minutes ago, Rich said:

No.  It is 2.6.1 1319

That's probably where the problem is. 

Type the following

wget https://download-cdn.resilio.com/2.6.3/Debian/resilio-sync_2.6.3-1_armhf.deb
sudo dpkg -i resilio-sync_2.6.3-1_armhf.deb

This will override the previous installation. Then check from the web interface that Raspberry Pi is also running 2.6.3

16 minutes ago, Orcun said:

Is the raspberry version also 2.6.3? 

1 minute ago, Orcun said:

That's probably where the problem is. 

Type the following

wget https://download-cdn.resilio.com/2.6.3/Debian/resilio-sync_2.6.3-1_armhf.deb
sudo dpkg -i resilio-sync_2.6.3-1_armhf.deb

This will override the previous installation. Then check from the web interface that Raspberry Pi is also running 2.6.3

When I update to this version on the Pi, what will it do to the files in the archive?

5 minutes ago, Rich said:

When I update to this version on the Pi, what will it do to the files in the archive?

To the archieved files? Nothing. They stay there. You can put them back after you update. Manually copy the files in the archieve to their locations after you update.

On 2/10/2019 at 11:08 AM, Orcun said:

To the archieved files? Nothing. They stay there. You can put them back after you update. Manually copy the files in the archieve to their locations after you update.

Getting both machines on the same version 2.6.3 seemed to fix the problem for me.  Thanks for your help!