Sync stopped for no reason

Hey guys....forgive me for bringing up a topic that appears to have been
discussed a lot.  All of a sudden last night I discovered the sync folder on Computer A
is not syncing with computer B. On B it says A is offline. No, it isn't. Everything for several years has been working 100%. It shows that yellow warning sign on certain files.
New version upgrade? I did upgrade BUT after I noticed this occurring. Running

2.6.2 on both!  The issue was there before the version update!  I've restarted on

both sides as well. Any ideas appreciated. Merry Christmas to all.

Bill

South Carolina

I have the same problem. On a local LAN when target machines are identified, everything syncs as usual. Syncing through relay no longer seems to work and remote peers no longer show up.

On the inability to find the update server, my version of sync looks for www.usyncapp.com. This domain is CNAMED to an AWS domain that does not exist.  It can't find the update server, because it doesn't resolve to an IP.

It would be nice if someone could address the issue.

On 12/30/2018 at 11:31 PM, radiofun@morrisbb.net said:

Now, mine show no peers.  I only have one. Maybe someone on that end?

I have all of the above including total loss of anything on PC's synch folder. Was working fine for years between PC & lap top. Seems to have occurred since Dec 6th as that's where history ends on the lap top. No history shown on the PC. Lap top shows "no peers on line" but PC is working fine except for synch.

Same issue but only on with a share on my Windows 7 Home Premium pc, none of my Windows 10 pc shares are having the same issue.  I've tried disabling the firewall completely at Windows 7 Home PC and I have no additional security programs running on the machine at this time to test this.  I'm still using 2.5.12 on all of pc's because of issues I had with 2.6 that were resolved with downgrading all machines.  Any info would be appreciated.

Speaking for my environment, it as not changed in months. Some of my machines have been running for years. My observation is that the newer Resilio Windows Software, 2.5.X and above, seem to be registering into an environment that somehow is isolated from the other environments, other versions and platforms. Older software can see clients and pass data through proxies and trackers. That said, my IOS clients which are version 2.6.X, see the older machines and pass data fine, yet the Windows Machines running 2.5.X are blind to the older Windows Clients, each other and IOS.

The problem looks like it has been reported in different ways and in different threads. Since nothing has changed in my environment for months, we need Resilio to tell us what has changed in their infrastructure that could cause peers to disappear. Lets hope they address this soon or folks will start looking for other solutions.

Still not sure WHY this worked, BUT in case it helps anyone... what I did was revert from the "Service Mode" to "Standard App Mode". Something about running it as a Windows service was preventing sync. Again, not sure what or why (firewall disabled, nothing else changed in the environment afaik).

To do this, I re-installed Resilio Sync in non-service mode. Then I copied the contents of "C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Resilio Sync Service" into "%APPDATA%\Resilio Sync" and just disabled the service for now. Then I ran Resilio Sync.exe—folders were picked up and peers were restored and began syncing immediately.

None of my Windows machines are running sync as a service. I would hope Resilio could provide us some insight on the issue and methods to rectify the issue. Reinstalling software in an environment that hasn't changed seems pretty drastic.  There seems to be little evidence Resilio actually reads these forums, which is demonstrated by their lack of engagement. 

I guess my point is; known working software simply stopped working. We don't know why and now we're looking for ways to downgrade without so much as a hint from Resilio as to what we are fixing by such actions.

I've recommended this software to multiple large companies in the past, maybe not anymore. Resilio seems to have major QA and/or operational issues.