Helen

Latest Desktop Build 2.6.3

Dear community,

Sync 2.6.3.1340 release is now available. It's available via "Check now" (manual update) and by direct download links below or from resilio.com site. It was not pushed to autoupdate.

Direct Download Links:

Here are what's new and change log.

The release is not available for autoupdate (which repo is), so please download the deb package and manually update with dpkg . Thank you. 

Updating issues are resolved now in 2.6.2/2.6.3. Before, updating from "Check now" was like pulling teeth with failed updates and stupid error messages.

Was just smooth on 3/3 of machines upgrading from 2.6.2 to 2.6.3 on Windows.  Much appreciated, this was a sore spot for me.

On 1/17/2019 at 11:49 PM, Helen said:

The release is not available for autoupdate (which repo is), so please download the deb package and manually update with dpkg . Thank you. 

So are there any rules which versions will be available for autoupdate?

uh-oh, I've always used sudo apt-get update then sudo apt-get install --only upgrade resilio-sync. I'm just linux beginner, and these commands have always got me that latest version. 

Presumably from the comments above I have to now download then install manually ..... arghhh. 

Do you have a tutorial on how I might do this .... do I just download my architecture (armhf) and then put in a directory somewhere? 

Cheers, Geoff. 

P.S. I have one bug that an update will fix, but I can live with it until you sort apt-get updates .... is there any prospect of this happening soon? 

Has anyone else been experiencing momentary system hangs during large syncs? Starting in either 2.6.2 or 2.6.3 (I think the later), I've been experiencing system hangs where I can move the mouse but not click, and the desktop really doesn't refresh.  I've managed to leave Task Manager open during one of these times and I can see "System Interrupts" is pegging the CPU.

This either means my network driver changed recently (maybe when Windows went to 1809?) and isn't effectively using the proper driver and hardware (it's a 10GBe Nic connected to another 10GBe nic via 10GBe switch), or it means that Sync isn't efficiently sending data out the nic. Shortly after upgrading to 2.6.3, I noticed my sync speeds were higher than before, peaking at 1.6Gbps. Today, the system hangs have been the worst noticeable and speeds peaking at around 900Mbps.

I know from dealing with embedded devices that dealing with high rate network transmissions is tricky balancing servicing the incoming/outgoing ethernet packet buffers and dealing with system interrupts and the polling vs interrupts...  I'm using Intel 10GBe nics, so I'm expecting less CPU and more hardware offloading than the typical Realtek nic.

I have about 50 directories and about 2 terabytes in motion. I have none of that. I have problems with freezing on the Android system on all my smartphones, where I sync some directories.