Helen

Latest Desktop Build 2.6.3

Dear community,

Sync 2.6.3.1340 release is now available. It's available via "Check now" (manual update) and by direct download links below or from resilio.com site. It was not pushed to autoupdate.

Direct Download Links:

Here are what's new and change log.

The release is not available for autoupdate (which repo is), so please download the deb package and manually update with dpkg . Thank you. 

Updating issues are resolved now in 2.6.2/2.6.3. Before, updating from "Check now" was like pulling teeth with failed updates and stupid error messages.

Was just smooth on 3/3 of machines upgrading from 2.6.2 to 2.6.3 on Windows.  Much appreciated, this was a sore spot for me.

On 1/17/2019 at 11:49 PM, Helen said:

The release is not available for autoupdate (which repo is), so please download the deb package and manually update with dpkg . Thank you. 

So are there any rules which versions will be available for autoupdate?

uh-oh, I've always used sudo apt-get update then sudo apt-get install --only upgrade resilio-sync. I'm just linux beginner, and these commands have always got me that latest version. 

Presumably from the comments above I have to now download then install manually ..... arghhh. 

Do you have a tutorial on how I might do this .... do I just download my architecture (armhf) and then put in a directory somewhere? 

Cheers, Geoff. 

P.S. I have one bug that an update will fix, but I can live with it until you sort apt-get updates .... is there any prospect of this happening soon?