Neinstein

Sync Cloud Backup Server Provider

A few years back, several cloud backup providers started to offer Resilio (back then BitTorrent Sync) backup server services. It was really simple, all you had to do is configure the encrypted RO folder and done. I understand that I can setup a personal backup by having a friend hosting my Resilio folders on their machine but if that's not an option, does anyone know about a cloud service provider offering Resilio backup services?

Hi Neinstein,
the cheapest solutions I found are:

• OVH Kimsufi;
  • Time4VPS Storage VPS (often offer 50% discounts);
  • SoYouStart ARM Server.

Thanks @Miyo, @Timbo, @drego85 for your suggestions but I don't want to deal with managing my own VPS server. I'm looking for a provider (there were several in the past) that offers a fully configured Resilio Sync platform and all you had to do is enter the encrypted RO link and you were done.

37 minutes ago, Neinstein said:

Thanks @Miyo, @Timbo, @drego85 for your suggestions but I don't want to deal with managing my own VPS server. I'm looking for a provider (there were several in the past) that offers a fully configured Resilio Sync platform and all you had to do is enter the encrypted RO link and you were done.

I don't think you'll see that again. These services were before Resilio was selling their own commercial version to make money. And the way I'm seeing the support and development going the last year, I would highly doubt a business would invest the resources into developing this if btsync were to stop development at any time without notice.

@Timbo,

do you think Resillio will pull the plug and kill Sync? I've seen the mention of Sync being abandoned on other parts of this forum too. I'm worried and there's no reassurance from the company.