failed to download

WolfJ

Hello,

I have installed Resilio Sync on my Synology 213air and my Handy (Android) and everything workes fine. I now installed it on my Notebook (Win 10) (different folders) and it syncs very slow - I looked at the History and I see the error "failed to download" on nearly each file. It syns a few hours later again and than it works! I have looked for this Error in the Forums and don't find it (I found it a lot but not in my Context). I had a look at the rights, the locked files, made everything faster (VPN) ... - no improvement. I dont know what to do next - does anybody know what I should do next?

Answer from Support:  Thanks for taking the time to contact the Sync Team. Our Help Center and Forums offer additional resources that may help you out.

You have a very small and old NAS with only 256MB RAM. So practically no free RAM left for additional applications.

Yet, Resilio Sync is an application which requires lots of RAM:

On 7/11/2017 at 4:41 PM, Helen said:

RAM is taken by database files. Database keeps record of each entry in the sync share - currently present files and the ones that have ever been in the share. Entry - is the file itself, and also each subdir level in its path. Each entry takes up around 2KB of RAM. The bigger folder tree you have, the more nested folders, the more file changes/deletions, the bigger DB grows, as Sync needs to remember all those entries. 

In my opinion, with less than 1GB free RAM, you won't be happy.