connection problem linux <-> macos

I have sent a help request about 2 weeks ago but did not hear back.  I just tried to log in to the helpdesk but received  a message that the Zen desk is not there.

my problem seems to be that my macos and linux do not [fully?] talk to one another.  My sync folder shows 20% on my macos GUI, and then is stuck.  the linux files tell me

the linux /lib/systemd/system:0:24> more resilio-sync.service should allow virtually everything, being root!

User=root
Group=ivo
Environment="SYNC_USER=root"
Environment="SYNC_GROUP=ivo"

and the daemon has started up:

* resilio-sync.service - Resilio Sync service
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/resilio-sync.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active (running) since Wed 2019-07-31 09:09:07 PDT; 13min ago
     Docs: https://help.resilio.com
  Process: 1261 ExecStartPost=/bin/sleep 1 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
  Process: 1109 ExecStart=/usr/bin/rslsync --config ${SYNC_CONF_DIR}/config.json (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
  Process: 1057 ExecStartPre=/bin/chown -R ${SYNC_USER}:${SYNC_GROUP} ${SYNC_RUN_DIR} ${SYNC_LIB_DIR} (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
  Process: 922 ExecStartPre=/bin/mkdir -p ${SYNC_RUN_DIR} ${SYNC_LIB_DIR} (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 1259 (rslsync)
    Tasks: 13 (limit: 4660)
   CGroup: /system.slice/resilio-sync.service
           `-1259 /usr/bin/rslsync --config /etc/resilio-sync/config.json

but creating files on macos, they never appear on linux.

Is there an app that can do basic diagnostics?  just check that they see one another?  (what is the name of my linux server??)  what else could have gone wrong here?

/iaw