Resilio Sync (Free) ethernally sleeps at Android Mobile after some days of usage

kvv213

Hello everyone,

I'm many years of Sync user and sync my data between computers, servers and mobile devices. Currently I have P20Pro with Android and sync some audiobooks and photos form/to this smartphone to my servers and desktops. 

But for already a year I experience a problem with Resilio Sync. It stops operating after several days of activity. It just don't connect to any other device and any other devices can't connect to the mobile. From the interface it looks like Resilio is fully workable but deep sleeps. So I can open interface, select folders but the program keeps rejecting the synchronization. If I try to exit from Resilio - it can't. It is trying and trying to exit without any success. Only reboot helps.

My preferences are: sync only at WiFi connection, doesn't sync if the battery is 15% and low. But connection to WiFi, 100% of battery and connected power sources - doesn't change anything.

What to do and where to look for a solution?

Same problem, Samsung Galaxy S9.

Instead of rebooting you "just" have to force stop the app from the app settings in Android. Then open Resilio Sync again and it fully works again.

I suspect it's some kind of aggressive sleep mode implemented in Android, but other apps are able to still work, even after several days, so Resilio should be able to fix it, too.

1 minute ago, Frank Maier said:

Same problem, Samsung Galaxy S9.

Instead of rebooting you "just" have to force stop the app from the app settings in Android. Then open Resilio Sync again and it fully works again.

I suspect it's some kind of aggressive sleep mode implemented in Android, but other apps are able to still work, even after several days, so Resilio should be able to fix it, too.

The problem is that I can't kill it via embeded taskmanager of P20Pro. It is unkillable :) But I was able to kill it via "app settings in Android". And the android sleep settings are disabled for Sync.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...