Resilio app on iOS 13

tiberek

I use latest Resilio Pro on a couple of Linuxes without any problems. But I had problems with iOS app. Does anyone has issues with it on iOS13?

1) When I click on downloaded file instead of opening the file (eg. jpg,txt,pdf and so on) share window pop-ups - I can use "quick look" but then no swiping left/right is working. I asked the Resilio directly but if I understood correctly they are not working on anything iOS related because they have no iOS developer right now :(

2) I'd love to SORT somehow folders/shares on main window - now the order is random (it's not just iOS13 issue, it's a problem since.... always?)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Further investigation, I'm not sure if this helps (I'm no IOS developper)

I assume the IOS-App contains some code for a "File Provider" https://developer.apple.com/documentation/fileprovider reason for my assumption: I can see SYNC in my "Files" App as additional "directory".

Even now with IPadOs13, I can see SYNC in "Files App" and I can swipe between synced files - but I neither can synchronise files (selective sync), nor are all "open with" dialogs disabled, especially the "open with" for HTML files does not offer Safari or another browser instead it moves the file to the "File Provider" of another App.

I can easily swipe between synced images from Files-App

Maybe this helps an IOS programmer who has access to the source code and can adapt the SYNC-App

I would really appriciate if Resilio could implement the changed interface correctly as it was previously - maybe a simple recompile/rebuild helps?

Thanks, Martin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
19 minutes ago, R CARLSON MD said:

The iOS app is still requiring an extra click to open a PDF by having to click on "Quick Look", which is very annoying. Why can't the app directly look at the file extension and just open the proper viewer/player whether it's a PDF, JPG, MP3, etc? 

I've just opened Resilio 2.6.4 on the latest version of iOS 13 and I have no problem with any type of mentioned files. It works like on iOS12.

On 2/28/2020 at 12:40 AM, R CARLSON MD said:

Thanks for that.

I looked more carefully at the version number and I had 2.6.3.  The new version was supposed to be pushed 2 weeks ago, but for some reason it didn't auto update on my phone.  Weird. That's a first.  

Working much better now. 

Thanks again  

Thanks. Same for me and it never prompt for me to update, so weird. Now no more quick look is required.

i really hope the next version can be able to have better integration with iOS files app so that placeholder files could be displayed (now only files downloaded in resilio sync app are shown in iOS files app)