Need exact mirror of the source...trying to understand RO files

whitenack

Hey all.  I am reading more about Read Only folders.  My first impression of RO folders led me to believe it would be an exact, up-to-date mirror of the source folder.  So, if someone deleted or changed a file on the target machine, it would be ignored/deleted by the source machine and the source machine would re-sync the original file.  Now I am not sure I understand that correctly.  I am getting error messages on my target machine saying that files in my RO folders are out of sync. 

I found the "Is One-Way Synchronization possible?", and believe that is the solution I need.  However, can I just tick that box after the folder is already created, and files have/are already synced/syncing?  If I can tick the box after some of the folders have been synced, what happens to any files that may have already gotten out of sync?

On the read only computer within the preferences of your shared folder - make sure "Overwrite any changed files" is checked.  If the read only computer changes any files - Sync will automatically re-download the file overwriting what was changed.  The only thing Sync will not do is delete a file that is created on the read only computer.  The file will not sync to any other computer but Sync will not remove it automatically from the read only share.

• 2 years later...
On 11/27/2019 at 9:37 AM, ekim501 said:

On the read only computer within the preferences of your shared folder - make sure "Overwrite any changed files" is checked.  If the read only computer changes any files - Sync will automatically re-download the file overwriting what was changed.  The only thing Sync will not do is delete a file that is created on the read only computer.  The file will not sync to any other computer but Sync will not remove it automatically from the read only share.

For my use-case I actually want any new files created on the read only side to be deleted if they don't match the source.

This just doesn't seem possible. Are there any advanced settings that can be adjusted so it behaves that way?