Sync dual boot OS

marbb00

Hello everyone,

i'm tryng to share a folder between two OS (windows and ubuntu) on same pc (on dual boot).

I created a folder in windows (it have files inside and is sync with different pc too) and i'm tryng to share it with ubuntu, but the folder stay stuck on pending approval.
i tried to check and uncheck the box "All/New peers I invite must be approved by me", using both email and code but nothing, ubuntu stay on pending approval and on windows nothing appear.
how can i solve?

PS: i read a topic where anyone say to use standard folders (that i already use it) and to use the same key on the 2 different os.

So i tried to create the standard folder in ubuntu and to change the key with the same on windows, but it not sync, and if i try to add a link with a windows invite it say the folder already exist.

@marbb00 Synchronization between two peers requires both of them being online, since there is one source peer. So, syncing between two systems on one PC won't work, since while Ubuntu is online, Windows peer is offline.

When you connect peer with link, it will say "Pending Approval", even if you unchecked such option due to a simple fact - source peer is offline. 
Are you sure that Sync stayed on pending approval, when you tried to connect using a key? Generally, it says "Not synced yet".

You also mention that the folder is connected with some other PC as well. Was this PC online when you shared a key with Ubuntu? If no, try it out.

i

On 4/8/2020 at 2:51 PM, Daria said:

@marbb00 You also mention that the folder is connected with some other PC as well. Was this PC online when you shared a key with Ubuntu? If no, try it out.

with this tricks it worked. I send the invite with the 2nd laptop that is sync with windows folder and it worked.