Synch Desktop Drive to External Connected Drive to Same Desktop

mwyarm

I have looked through the forum and I could not find my exact scenario. 

I am in the process of getting a NAS within the next 6 months but in the interim I need Resillo to synch files from a desktop connected hard drive to another connected hard drive - essentially snych what is on drive D to drive Q in a specific folder. I thought it would be an easy setup but when I started to set it up I came to a complete blank as I don't know to setup the other end which is essentially on the same desktop PC - just a different drive\folder. I got confused and now I am thinking Resillo cannot do this. 

Did I go completely blank in how to set this up on Resillo? Sorry, if I did but I am at a loss in how to achieve. I want to use Resillo as it can montior my external connected hard drive as a peer and when I turn it on it detects the peer connected it synchs the data. 

Thanks for your reply. That is what I am afraid of. I would like to see this added as a feature request as my external connected devices to me is just like a peer that I attempt to turn on once a day. I want to avoid all of the hassles of remembering after I turn it off that I have to go to another software open, click synch, etc. Resillo would work as it does with other peers where it monitors when a peer comes online and it performs auto synch without me having to do anything. 

I use freefilesync today but it does not monitor when the device comes online. I will have to check out the other one to see if it works like Resillo. If it can monitor then possibly it is yet another software to install taking over memory and other resources. 

If you want a monitoring function, use SyncBack. There it can be set that a sync is started if changes have occurred. An alternative in the same direction would be GoodSync, should you like it better, but this may be subject to payment depent on setting up.