Starting over configuration and best practices

Dawn-MN

Two years ago I setup Sync to so that I could share about 50 documents (word, Excel , PDF) and cell phone pictures between my PC (w7) and Cell phone (Galaxy S7).  I created 2 Folders “Sync Documents” and “Camera”. It worked ok but I had a feeling that I either don’t have it setup correctly or I don’t understand how properly use Sync.  On my PC in the Sync app I could select the “Sync Documents” folder, the File explorer would display the list of 50 files. I could select any of the files and edit them on my PC and then the updated file would sync to my cell.  However on my cell in Sync app if I would select the “Sync Documents” folder, it would display the list of 50 files. I could select any of the files and edit them on my Cell however the updated file would never sync back to my PC. I believe I had both PC and Cell folders all with read/write capabilities.  So I am not sure if I should be accessing the files through the folder in the Sync App on my cell?  I am thinking I am getting caught up in looking in a “emulation” type folder and not correct folder????

I have now upgraded both my PC and Cell recently. I am now running w10 on PC and my cell is a Galaxy s10.  So I am starting over. I was going to take this time and figure out what is the best way to setup and use the Sync.

Sync 2.6.4 is on my PC

Sync 2.6.3 is on my Cell (I don’t see an update is available)

This is what I want to accomplish;

1. I want to sync my pictures/videos from my cell onto my PC.

2. I want to be able to view pictures/Video on either of my cell or PC. If I delete an image file on one device I want the other device to do the same deletion.

3. I want to sync about 50 documents in a folder between my cell and my PC.

4. I want to be able to open and or edit these 50 documents in a folder on either of my cell or PC, If I edit a document on one device I want that document to sync with n other device to do the same edit/delete.

Q1. How should I start the process, should I put all the Document files and pictures on my Cell first or on my PC first?

Q2. How exactly should I create the “Camera” sync folder on the cell(example hit the + in sync window and select “Create Folder” and the point to DCIM on SD card or  do I “Add a Backup”).

Q3. How exactly should I be accessing these image files? (must I access through the Sync app or can I still access through the android apps “my files” app or “Gallery” app and still have deletions sync?).

Q4. How exactly should I create the “Document” sync folder on the cell(example hit the + in sync window and select “Create Folder” and the point to DCIM on SD card or  do I “Add a Backup”).

Q5. How exactly should I be accessing these image files? (must I access through the Sync app or can I still access through the android apps “my files” app or “Gallery” app and still have deletions sync?).

Sorry for lengthy post.  If it would be more convenient to reply via a phone call I could provide my phone number.

Thanks again for your time.

Daryl