laurin1

File transferred stalled

Recommended Posts

Why, at times, does it just stop transferring files? KDAVISTEST has been stuck here for 45 minutes:

 

image.png.5f5142ef8551b9a515b9ff76b42b8bec.png

 

From KDAVIS:

 

image.png.7e394ee1ce373c77787c50823768ed91.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FYI, I've tried restarting both machines, and this is a new machine I just added (well, I removed as a peer, deleted all the files, and resynced).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What kind of files are these? 12919 files only being 3MB of files is nonsensical. You likely have filesystem corruption.  Run chkdsk if you're on Windows. 

Double check you never ran out of space somewhere and these aren't all 0 byte files or something.

You might also consider syncing more smaller sized folders with less files in each sync share.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yea, I know, I saw that. There is nothing wrong with the file system, that is a problem with Sync.  None of the machines are out of space. This has happened before (on many occasions). Right now, everything is synced, but what you pointed out is a bug in the Sync software.

 

I have tried doing smaller folders, but the problem is there are so many of them, that it takes me FOREVER to configure a new machine (or a rebuild), which I do all too frequently).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In such cases, it’s normally not a issue of Resilio. In your case it seems that the content is blocked for Resilio and is more a thing of the right permissions.

To fix this again, I recommend resetting recursiv the System-ACLs inside of the related folders for all content with root:root, octal 0777 and then resetting the ACLs back in the system by inheriting them from the root folder back into the files and subdirectories. Then it should work again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, what I did was removed the folder from Sync and removed the .sync from all machines, then added them all back and now it's working fine (no permission changes needed).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh, that and downgraded to 2.7.0 - I believe there is a bug in 2.7.1 that caused this in the first place, because prior to that change, this all worked fine for years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.