Latest desktop build 2.7.2

Helen

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize we all want the lastest options available, and it would be nice to see some updates so we get reassured that Resilio Sync is not abandoned. But for me Resilio Sync works without issues. I am not aware of bugs. I paid a onetime fee and have been using it for quite a few years.

So if @Helen can reassure us that Resilio Sync will continue to be supported and is not abandoned, i am happy to keep on using it.

55 minutes ago, knireis said:

for me Resilio Sync works without issues. I am not aware of bugs

That's not really the point either.

I can also confirm that the Android APP has a few bugs. First and foremost, the app does not start and many users complain here. This is a bug and can be fixed. Otherwise it works, I can confirm also that.

From this example we can see that nothing happens on the part of Resilio.

There are similar examples with the Windows APP, which also does not start on some users computer. It is the same. I keep reading about it. Nothing happens.

We're now at Android 12 and Windows 11. It's naïve to think that an app will run fine forever without updates when operating system development progresses.

If Resilio would work continuously with updates, I don't think that the effort would be so huge on an ongoing basis. But now it seems huge because more and more accumulates. And that's a problem. But working with long update cycles is not a solution either.

The users want to feel that something is in progress, then they are loyal.

1 hour ago, Daniel Ullrich said:

really means resilio sync does not care about home users anymore

I think, this interpretation does not fit Helen's statement.

She drew a clear line, and the good thing about her statement for me is that there's no intention of necessarily trying to get Sync users to Connect. The bad thing is much more that Sync was clearly surpassed by Connect because Connect get updates and upgrades. That wasn't the case a few years ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

As some of you caught today when an auto-update was accidentally triggered for some Linux users, next week we will be releasing a maintenance update for Sync. It's primarily focused on bug fixes and updating compatibility with the latest major operating systems, and will apply to all Sync Desktop versions. This new build (2.7.3) is planned for launch on Monday March 28, 2022. Thank you for your patience!

That's really good and nice to read.

3 hours ago, kos13 said:

.... updating compatibility with the latest major operating systems, and will apply to all Sync Desktop versions. This new build (2.7.3) ....

Some in the forum will be happy about that. Nonetheless, a few comments. You only speak of desktop versions.

The Android version linked at the start of the post is still v2.6.3 from 2018. Here, too, an update to v2.7.3 is urgently (!) required, meanwhile we have reached Android 12 and in the forum you can read that the now 4 year old APP is no longer up-to-date and buggy. This APP for smartphones and tablets has now become at least as important as the desktop versions, because more and more people are working with these devices.

At this point I suggest that it would be good to have update cycles e.g. monthly or quarterly in little steps.

On 6/4/2020 at 6:00 PM, kos13 said:

Thanks for the feedback. I will keep an eye on the forum. 

In the past we discuss about that all now nearly 2 years ago and the last update also was nearly 2 years ago.

I could imagine that such long periods of time between updates might also be a bit confusing. With the last update, for example, bugs were not solved or were forgotten, as was then read in the forum by users. Such effects could be circumvented with small updates in short succession.

Well then, we'll see how dynamically this develops.

• Helen unpinned this topic