Can't Download File

Quincofish

I sync from a Windows 10 PC, an Android Phone and a NAS. All good except on my Android Phone I regularly get the message "Can't Download File" (99%). When I check the phoneit shows Local xx and Total xx and the total is always more than the local, sometimes only one different and sometimes maybe 10 different, meaning there are some file that have not synced to my phone. When I look deeply, the "missing" files on the phone are actually there. What is going on?

On 9/12/2020 at 11:26 AM, Quincofish said:

I sync from a Windows 10 PC, an Android Phone and a NAS. All good except on my Android Phone I regularly get the message "Can't Download File" (99%). When I check the phone it shows Local xx and Total xx and the total is always more than the local, sometimes only one different and sometimes maybe 10 different, meaning there are some file that have not synced to my phone. When I look deeply, the "missing" files on the phone are actually there. What is going on?

Add more data:- Currently this folder at fault has 5055 files in Local and 5065 in Total. So, it thinks 10 files have not synced when they actually are on the phone, so the sync works, just Resilio reports it incorrectly.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/14/2021 at 3:35 AM, Snappawapa said:

Bump to this topic, was this ever resolved?

Noticing (for me) it only happens with files being updated.

My current 'solution' is to rename the file, wait for the old file to become deleted, and then rename to the old name. This is obviously rather tedious.

Still a problem, I do the same, IE, rename etc..

On 4/13/2021 at 9:05 PM, Snappawapa said:

Noticing (for me) it only happens with files being updated.

8 hours ago, Quincofish said:

Still a problem, I do the same, IE, rename etc..

Is the shared folder located on SD Card? If so, disable Archive for it (toggle off  ""i" > Preferences > Use archive").

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, mazaka said:

All of a sudden, we found a solution! I found that most of the“Can' t download 99%” files contain win10 emoji sub-numbers, such as”🎈😂🐱🐉💋”these emoji, remove these sub-numbers and be fine

突然就找到解決辦法了!我發現"can't download 99%"的文件,大部分都是含有win10 表情副號的,比如“❤💋😀🎈”這些,把這些副號去掉,就好了

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/24/2022 at 8:57 AM, mazaka said:

All of a sudden, we found a solution! I found that most of the“Can' t download 99%” files contain win10 emoji sub-numbers, such as”🎈😂🐱🐉💋”these emoji, remove these sub-numbers and be fine

Thank you so much mazaka! File syncing stopped in one folder and it was because there were some file names with randomly generated characters. Removed/renamed them without any symbols and things started to sync again!

• 4 weeks later...

In android 11, you need to manually upgrade the permission of the sync app to let it write files again.

In Settings, search for `permissions`. Click `Files and Media`.
Find the Sync app, and give it the permission to "Allow management of all files".

This will solve the "can't download file" problem.

It's lame that sync doesn't prompt us to change the permission in the app, like others do.
Instead we are left to faff around to find the solution and fix it ourselves :/