Western Digital new firmware - Resilio bin won't install

Western Digital has released a major firmware update (My Cloud OS 5).

BIN file needs to be reinstalled. Current MyCloudPR4100_ResilioSync_2.7.2.1375.bin won't install.
"Incomplete app download. Please check your device's Internet connection and try again."

https://shop.westerndigital.com/en-au/support/software/my-cloud-os

Any plans for Resilio to support the new WD OS 5?

5 hours ago, Andy+ said:

Follow here your type of device.

https://help.resilio.com/hc/en-us/articles/206664870-Western-Digital

If not given, is better to contact the support.

Thank you Andy+, this is where I got the current BIN file. But it won't load.  Here's what Resilio Supprt just wrote to me ...

Daria Kiselyova (Sync)

Oct 29, 2020, 0:07 GMT-11

Hello,Thank you for letting us know! We're currently working on the solution. We'll contact you back asap, when we have the fix.

Best regards, Resilio Support Team

Edited by lloucka

7 minutes ago, rhaidiz said:

I can confirm it works, although now it says that I'm running low on disk space. Which it didn't say before and I'm not.

It seems that WD OS 5 takes time to index and runs in the background. I've seen my free space increase all by itself. But I'm no expert.

Edited by lloucka

On 11/5/2020 at 10:55 AM, rhaidiz said:

I have to retract my statement and say that Resilio Sync is not working for me. It keeps telling me I don't have enough disk space while my 4TB disk believes otherwise. Anyone with a similar issue and possibly a solution?

Hello, I have the same problem since updating WD MyCloudGen2 to OS5 and installing the "MYCLOUD MIRROR GEN2 (OS 5)" package (backup 1TB data from DSM 5.2 to WD MyCloudGen2 with 8TB free).

On 11/1/2020 at 6:53 PM, rhaidiz said:

I can confirm it works, although now it says that I'm running low on disk space. Which it didn't say before and I'm not.

On 11/1/2020 at 6:53 PM, rhaidiz said:

On 11/8/2020 at 10:36 AM, Rmv said:

Hello, I have the same problem since updating WD MyCloudGen2 to OS5 and installing the "MYCLOUD MIRROR GEN2 (OS 5)" package (backup 1TB data from DSM 5.2 to WD MyCloudGen2 with 8TB free).

Please set disk_min_free_space parameter to 0 in Power user preferences (Preferences > Advanced > Open power user preferences). Restart Sync to apply the change.

disk_min_free_space is already set to 0 in my configuration. I managed to work around it by setting disk_check_free_space to false.

Now Sync doesn't complain about low space disk anymore. Of course this should be considered a temporary solution, there's definitely something not working properly and I hope an update would properly address this issue.

In the meantime thanks for support and keep up the good work.

On 11/9/2020 at 10:06 AM, Daria said:

Please set disk_min_free_space parameter to 0 in Power user preferences (Preferences > Advanced > Open power user preferences). Restart Sync to apply the change.

Hello,
The problem seems to be solved for me by following the instructions from Daria set disk_min_free_space parameter to (by default 0.0). Thanks a lot.