Files not sending to MacOS Big Sur

Cai

I've used Sync between 5 Macs running Mojave and older, successfully, for a while.

Just updated one to BigSur, and it won't receive some files.

Mojave computer (with files) shows BigSur peer connected, shows a green tick, but clicking on peer list shows "^ 1008 files to [BigSur]. They are all tiny text files, .plist, .json, 40kB and under.

BigSur computer (needs files) shows Mojave peer connected, shows a green tick, peer list shows "Synced with [Mojave]".  But the folder has 1000s of missing files.

Same thing happens with other folders, including those with big files, .pdfs.  Other folders seem to work fine.

Are there known bugs with Big Sur?  What can I do to troubleshoot this?

• 4 weeks later...

Ya, so just added a new synced folder on Big Sur and it sits empty while Sync app happily says it's synced with all peers. (It should contain 1.5GB of files and folders).  As above, Sync on Mojave machine shows a green tick but also "^ 8000 files to [Big Sur]" when drilling down.

So Sync essentially not working at all on Big Sur for me.  Any hint this is a widespread issue?  Any word from Resilio regarding updates on the roadmap?

I, like, need a file sync solution to do my job, so I guess I'm forced to find an alternative now. :(  I'll check back with Sync next time there's an update I guess?

Ok, so for anyone having a similar problem:

I reinstalled Resilio and re-added the folder. No change.

So I created a new folder on the Big Sur machine and shared that to the Mojave machine, then transferred the contents on the Mojave machine, and now it successfully synced back to the Big Sur machine.

So if you have control over all peers, this may help you. If you don't, you may be SOL.