Synology DSM 7.0 Beta

• 4 weeks later...

It's once more like death in the forum from Resilio side. Problems that are set here can only be partially answered. Nobody knows whether Resilio is working on it. And the last update to v2.7.2 was in July 2020. That doesn't make a good impression.

There has been no feedback whatsoever with regard to DSM 7. DSM 7 means a major cut in the rights system and various other directories. If Resilio misses this change, it will be very bad for users with Synology Server. Synology is very popular and more and more Resilio users are joining Syncthing, I get that in the forum there.

We will see.

Hi,

First of all, you can switch to Resilio Sync for Docker if your NAS supports Docker, which I did.

However, if you had all your files on the directly in ResilioSync on the actual NAS, then it is an issue to somehow get them all into the Docker version, since Resilio Sync is not running to sync them.

I hope Resilio will release an updated version soon - at least when DSM 7 is released officially.  

Hi Andy,

I did not realize that was an easy option.  By default it is starting with a blank slate, but I suppose you are saying there is a way to mount the "real" filesystem inside docker, which makes sense.  I will look into that.  I did see one post through my googling stating that resiliosync was one of the apps planned to be supported for DSM 7, but that may just be Synology's wishful thinking.  

I've already done this with Syncthing and recently with Resilio.

First create a group and a user in the DSM that only affect this Docker installation. Connect the user to the group and give the group the related permissions in the folders, you want to include below. Go to the

/etc/group
/etc/passwd

and read out the PUID and PGID for this, each with a 4 or 5-digit number after the assigned name.

Then download the latest image from resilio / sync: latest and start the image. For the parameters deposit as follows:

Section Environment entrance PUID <-> xxxx and PGID <-> yyyyy

Section Ports fix no. 8888 also outside, maybe also 8888 or other.

Section Volumes as follow:

DS-folder: homes/name_of_user (PUID) <-> mount-path: /mnt/sync/

and for the filesystem include all relevant folders as follow:

DS-filesystem-folder: folder-1 <-> mount-path: /mnt/mounted_folders/folder-1/

DS-filesystem-folder: folder-2 <-> mount-path: /mnt/mounted_folders/folder-2/

DS-filesystem-folder: folder-3 <-> mount-path: /mnt/mounted_folders/folder-3/

DS-filesystem-folder: folder-4 <-> mount-path: /mnt/mounted_folders/folder-4/

DS-filesystem-folder: folder-5 <-> mount-path: /mnt/mounted_folders/folder-5/

DS-filesystem-folder: folder-n <-> mount-path: /mnt/mounted_folders/folder-n/

Thats it. Start and try .... 👍

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Has anyone had any luck with running Sync on DSM7? If not, does anyone have detailed instructions on how to do it via Docker?  I have attempted to set up Docker a couple of times and I just can't seem to figure out the details/technicalities once I have downloaded the Resilio Package. 

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Andy+ said:

In the meantime the Synology DSM 7 RC, Build 41882 is out. Resilio included a package, which is running. Is the current v2.7.2, but bravo, good news.

I have this build running on my DSM7rc version of the DS920+ NAS. How do I configure it to see all my NAS folders? Where do I configure permissions etc?

Thank you in advance.

If you go inside of DSM in system control > common folders, choose one of your folders > edit > permissions > system user and look for rslsync or similar and hook on the right box.

This is different to the DSM versions before. Resilio was member of Admin group, so it was nothing to set.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, in the RC Build

On 6/3/2021 at 1:42 PM, Andy+ said:

In the meantime the Synology DSM 7 RC, Build 41882 is out. Resilio included a package, which is running. Is the current v2.7.2, but bravo, good news.

there is a package in the package center of DSM 7. It runs as known.