"Files" vs "local files"

tolN

Hello friends, what's the difference between "Files" and "local files" in the Resilio "Folders" tab? For most of my synced folders, both file numbers are exactly the same but in one folder the "Files" has a lot more of files than "local files". "Size" and "local size" are also very different. I was searching the help and tutorials but I couldn't find anything about this. I would appreciate any hint about this.

Best!

• 3 weeks later...

Files are the amount of files in the entire share, Local Files are files that are downloaded to that specific peer

They can be out of sync if you are either doing Selective Sync and only have some files or folders downloaded on a specific peer, or, if you have any files that are marked as 'Cant Download' 

Local Files enables synchronization on the local device, i.e. from directory A to directory B on device C.

This was previously not possible without the feature, since only from device C with directory A to to device D with directory B.