Unable to access Sync Directory from my Windows 10 desktop.  Resillio Sync hosted in UnRaid container.

glennl

Problem Statement:  Unable to access Sync Directory from my Windows 10 desktop.  Resillio Sync hosted in UnRaid container.

I am Running Unraid 6.9.2.  Installed Resilio Sync from Community Apps on 5/9/21

After installation, I shared the credentials of this directory with the 3rd party, who was able to share a photo from his system which I was able to view on my system.

I was able to create a text file (using vi in the TERMINAL function in Unraid), which in turn was able to sync to the 3rd party’s system.

From my Windows PC, I can access the share and it’s contents, but do not have permissions to create or copy any files into the directory. I am unable to change permissions.  When I try to copy a file to this location, create a new file, or change permissions, I get the following windows error message:  "You need permission to perform this action".

The Sync directory resides in the Public Share.  I have no problem access this device form the same Windows 10 PC.

From Windows, I am unable to set any permissions on the folder (permissions) issue.  I believe the issues may be related to SMB.  

I’ve searched the forums for assistance but have not been able to find any relevant solutions.  Any suggestions or help is appreciated.

You should probably need to set permissions to the shared folder within Unraid.

I have Unraid and have no issue with the Resilio  Docker.

Go to Unraid GUI --> Shares --> Select the relevant share

and check the "SMB Security Settings" and "SMB User Access".