Resilio on Synology DSM7

Hello,

I am a Synology DSM7 noob. Can someone please help me setup Reslio, with the appropriate permissions?

I am trying to sync a folder on my Mac with a specific folder on my Synology NAS (running DSM7).  I don't know/understand how I get the permissions setup appropriately :/

Thank you all in advance.

Resilio always installs the user "rslsync" on a Synology. So far up to DSM 6, this has been included in the group of administrators. This meant that no extra permissions were required because the admin has access to everything one way or another. With DSM 7 this is no longer possible. Therefore, the named user is stored as a Internal system user. To assign the rights to this, proceed as follows:

Control Panel > Shared Folders > Edit Folder > Permissions tab > Dropdown "Internal system user" > choose the user "rslsync", check "Read / Write" > Save.

This process must be repeated for each shared folder.

12 hours ago, Andy+ said:

Resilio always installs the user "rslsync" on a Synology. So far up to DSM 6, this has been included in the group of administrators. This meant that no extra permissions were required because the admin has access to everything one way or another. With DSM 7 this is no longer possible. Therefore, the named user is stored as a Internal system user. To assign the rights to this, proceed as follows:

Control Panel > Shared Folders > Edit Folder > Permissions tab > Dropdown "Internal system user" > choose the user "rslsync", check "Read / Write" > Save.

Thank you for your response. I have tried what you suggested. However, I now get an error/alert box: foldererror32795

What might that mean?

• 1 month later...
On 7/6/2021 at 7:18 PM, Andy+ said:

This should be displayed on the Package Center's install page for Resilio Sync, or some kind of help with in Resilio itself, when you can't open a directory you want.

It took a bit of searching to find, but works beautifully now. Very happy, thanks Andy.

• 3 months later...

I did exactly this for a shared folder:

When I try to add a folder within this shared folder, I still get the "foldererror32795" error. Any ideas what to do now?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2021 at 1:18 AM, Andy+ said:

So great, it saved me a lots of time research on the internet. Thanks @Andy+

In health.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6.7.2021 at 20:18, Andy+ said:

Resilio installiert auf einer Synology immer den Benutzer „rslsync“. Dieser war bisher bis DSM 6 in der Gruppe der Administratoren enthalten. Dies bedeutete, dass keine zusätzlichen Berechtigungen erforderlich waren, da der Administrator auf die eine oder andere Weise Zugriff auf alles hat. Mit DSM 7 ist dies nicht mehr möglich. Daher wird der benannte Benutzer als interner Systembenutzer gespeichert. Um diesem die Rechte zuzuweisen, gehen Sie wie folgt vor:

Systemsteuerung > Freigegebene Ordner > Ordner bearbeiten > Registerkarte Berechtigungen > Dropdown "Interner Systembenutzer" > Benutzer "rslsync" auswählen, "Lesen / Schreiben" aktivieren > Speichern.

Dieser Vorgang muss für jeden freigegebenen Ordner wiederholt werden.

Thank you for the shared knowledge. I was getting desperate... and now it works!
Thank you very much!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In connection with other 3rd party APP's, I was already aware of the connection with the changes in the new permission system from DSM 6 to DSM 7. Basically, they are profound changes that no longer allow to install with root during a installation and that makes the procedure much more complex. Therefore, it was a very good sign from Resilio to be one of the first to port the Sync APP to DSM 7. This can only be praised, even if Sync is included in the official DSM 7 distribution at Synology and therefore there is already a need for action. Others are not as far along, which is a problem for those who want to upgrade to DSM 7. And is also a problem for those, who buy a new Synology, on which DSM 7 is installed, but not all APP's are in use under DSM 6 can not use under DSM 7, because of the porting to DSM 7 is not yet available.

However, what would help Resilio on the Synology download page, if the above descriptions would be deposited there in the area of DSM 7 packages:

https://help.resilio.com/hc/en-us/articles/206664850-Synology