Archive usage

Positiv79

Hello,

i use a NAS Qnap and a Smartphone with the Resilio App. Unfortunately I cannot find enough information to understand the archive feature.

I have several folders on the NAS side and related folders on the smartphone. On some of the shares I switched off the Archive usage because of problems with synchronization. This problem is already known and shall be related to some android phones. However, this is not the question here. For some others, mainly folders containing pictures and videos I still use the Archive feature.

Question 1: I cannot find an achive folder on the Qnap, but only on the Smartphone folder. Is this archive folder only used on one side? Or only on the App side? Archive is selected in the properties also on the Qnap side. I cannot find a .sync folder which would include the Archive folder in shared folders on the Qnap side. Should it be there? Is it only hidden however?

Question 2: I see that there are still a lot of old files in the archive (Smartphone). Normally the files should be deleted on the App side after 1 day, I think. Sync_trash_ttl is set to 1. Or is it possible due to failures that a manual deletion sometimes can be needed?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Just to rule it out as a first step, are you using File Station on the QNAP end?

By default it won't show hidden files. Click the "three dot" button in the top right of the File Station, then check the box that says "Show hidden files on NAS".

Once I did that, I could see the .sync/Archive folders.

Thank you!! Question 1 is solved. Yes, I have switched on the hidden files in the File Station and now I can see it. I tried another way, but seams to be also there it has not shown hidden files. On Qnap its working fine, the archiv only contains a file today which is there less then 24 hours.

Then only question 2 is raiming. Seams to be related to the App however. Maybe its again android or smartphone related which causes problem with the archiv option as I told already. I have now swiched off the archiv option and removed the files in the archiv folder manually. I have switched the archiv option again on after that. I will have a look the next days how it works and if files will be removed in the archiv. I will give feedback here again.

Related to Question 2: The problem of having older files in the archiv folder seams to occur always in case of having a problem with the archiv. Normally files will be deleted. I had to switch off and on the archiv because of a problem and again one file seams to be there which is not deleted in the expected time. So its needed to check from time to time the archive, expecially when some archive problems occur. --> solved