Resilio Sync not auto-synching in the background under Android 12

Cadill

• 2 months later...

So far, unfortunately, there is nothing in sight. The version distributed here as a link is even still v2.6.3. Since we have now arrived at Android v12 and v13 will be distributed sooner or later, this is at least questionable, especially since more and more functional problems are reported here in the forum.

• 2 months later...
On 2/22/2022 at 4:57 PM, Andy+ said:

Sorry, it seems the APP is to old for the newer OS. I heard, that a v2.6.5 is coming soon, we will see, if such problems are solved.

I just noticed that v2.6.5 is now available, the date says Feb 2022, but I've looked since than and it wasn't there so that must be the release date, not the date that it became available on Google Play.

I suggest that you give up background synchronization on mobile devices (Android and iOS). It doesn't matter the issue is caused by Android system (which is becoming more and more restrictive and intolerant to background activities) or Resilio Sync app (which hasn't been updated for quite a long time), generally, background sync on Android is not reliable, I also use other cloud sync apps, including Dropbox and MegaSync, they also have similar problems.

Currently I keep Resilio Sync app closed until I need to sync something, I open the app, let it do foreground sync, wait it to complete syncing, then completely exit the app. This works for me, at least I don't have to leave the app running in the background and worry about battery drain while syncing is not as reliable as I expect.