Supported NAS

• 1 month later...

Thank you for your answer !

Yes, I have seen this page.

My concern is that it does not match with Synology link, I was wondering if there is any reason why.

On your link : there is a package for Armada38x  (so I guess Armada 385 88F6820 is included).

On Synology link : I was not able to find any Armada 385 in the compatibility list (applied models): no DS116, DS216, DS216j,   RS816 etc...

to add a bit more confusion, Even on this thread a couple of page before:

feb 26 - 2016 / march 3 2016 : it was asked by @Brianif DS216 will be supported (armad385 NAS).

@RomanZ answer: Not planned at the moment.

While 2 monthes later around 21-23 may, @Jay Siquelus seems to have successfully installed it on DS116 (armada 385 NAS)

Synology's link is talking about sync v2.3.7 which is pretty much old, and frankly speaking I have no idea why they would decide and make up the compatibility list like this, it's beyond my control. What is under our control  - are the packages published on our site.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I have got the Resilio package 2.5.10 working fine on the Asustor AS1004T (up to four 3.5" units.)

Unfortunately, the Asustor App Central is more or less out-of-date - and especially the Resilio package is way old and not working well (with newer clients.)
Through the manual installation of the newer package from the Resilio website, it is working fine and keep the essential file folders synchronized for a pretty cheap price.

Remember, the unit is only 512MB RAM (effectively less than 498 MB) so the resources are very limited so I only use it for a few key synchronization folders as it otherwise totally exhaust resources (CPU, RAM, etc.) and influences the other synchronized units (by indexing forever, having outstanding files, etc.)

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Happily running sync on following platforms :

FreeNAS 11.x (using the jail plugin - actually installed it from 3000 km away about 12-14 months ago) - HP NL40 microserver 8 GB RAM 12 TB storage

• Raspberry Pi 3b Stretch (x 2)
  • Ubuntu 18.04 (x 4 physical hosts, AMD desktop, 2 x Dell i7 laptops, plus a Gigabtye Brix)
  • BananaPi m1 running Armbian 5.6
  • iPad Pro 12.9
  • Windows 10 laptop

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Did not find any mention, but do you plan to support newer QNAP ARM-based NAS? Upgraded NAS, lost Resilio ....

I have one with with Annapurna Labs processor, but the package for the older x31 NAS does not install. I have a TS-332x.

https://www.qnap.com/en/product/ts-332x

I think it has a "newer" (not that A57 is all that new....) 64bit core compared to the older Annapurna Labs machines:

[/proc] # cat cpuinfo 
processor	: 0
model name	: Annapurna Labs Alpine AL324 Quad-core ARM Cortex-A57 CPU @ 1.70GHz
Features	: fp asimd evtstrm aes pmull sha1 sha2 crc32
CPU implementer	: 0x41
CPU architecture: 8
CPU variant	: 0x1
CPU part	: 0xd07
CPU revision	: 3

processor	: 1

processor	: 2

processor	: 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2018 at 12:37 AM, dankshit said:

Happily running sync on following platforms :

FreeNAS 11.x (using the jail plugin - actually installed it from 3000 km away about 12-14 months ago) - HP NL40 microserver 8 GB RAM 12 TB storage

• Raspberry Pi 3b Stretch (x 2)
  • Ubuntu 18.04 (x 4 physical hosts, AMD desktop, 2 x Dell i7 laptops, plus a Gigabtye Brix)
  • BananaPi m1 running Armbian 5.6
  • iPad Pro 12.9
  • Windows 10 laptop

I am trying to get sync running on a new FreeNAS 11.2 system.  I tried the default DHCP networking but got an error:

[EFAULT] Exception: RuntimeError: + Acquiring DHCP address: FAILED, address received: 0.0.0.0/8 Stopped rslsync due to DHCP failure occured, destroyed rslsync.

I tried to use the network settings of the system and got a different error:

[EINVAL] options.props.ip4_addr: 128.174.144.6 is already being used by the system. Please select another IP

@dankshit, do you know what settings I should be using?

Thanks,

Aaron

• 4 weeks later...

@aarona : I'm using the Jail plugin on FreeNAS 11.2 - and it just kinda "worked" out of the box.

What I did initially have trouble with was getting it to also run in the main FreeNAS O/S as my user account on there...

Basically - created ~/sbin in my home dir on the actual NAS (i.e. in the shell of the main O/S of the NAS, not a jail)

Unzipped the binary for rslsync in there...

Created a config in ~/sbin/rsl-config.json (don't have access to a copy here - but basically I changed the "127.0.0.1" to "0.0.0.0").

Then changed to ~/sbin (i.e. cd ~/sbin)

Ran "./rslsync --config ./rsl-config.json --webui.listen 0.0.0.0:8888" (pretty sure it's probably ignoring the "rsl-config.json file - with my "--webui.listen" argument - i.e. redundant - but it worked).

Then connected browser to IP address of my NAS : e.g. "http://10.0.0.10:8888/" and add new sync folder keys...  My Resilio Sync jail on the NAS has a different IP address than the main O/S of the NAS.

Note : that rslsync jail is not the same one in my original post - I had to rebuild my NAS again from scratch - had a hard drive fail in it - and when I went to replace with a new 4 TB drive - the FreeNAS GUI tools confused me such that I added the replacement drive as a stripe member instead of "data + parity" member - so had to dash out - buy a 6 TB USB HDD - back EVERYTHING up - then rebuild as a new FreeNAS instance, with a new RSL jail...  but the new Resilio Sync plugin jail install was painless...

Also - my wifi/router does DHCP - once I saw what IP address the RSL Plugin / Jail was getting - I set it to dedicated/permanent lease...  but there's also an option in the Jail configurator to set a static IP address...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 12/8/2018 at 12:51 AM, sebijisi said:

Did not find any mention, but do you plan to support newer QNAP ARM-based NAS? Upgraded NAS, lost Resilio ....

I have one with with Annapurna Labs processor, but the package for the older x31 NAS does not install. I have a TS-332x.

https://www.qnap.com/en/product/ts-332x

I think it has a "newer" (not that A57 is all that new....) 64bit core compared to the older Annapurna Labs machines:

[/proc] # cat cpuinfo 
processor	: 0

processor	: 1

processor	: 2

processor	: 3

I have a QNAP Ts-328 Realtek RTD1296 Quad-Core ARM Cortex-A53 Processor and also I don't have way to intall resilio on it.   Please let me know what about any development or terminal mode to install it.  QNAP is not helping with this.

• 2 months later...

Hi, I have Resilio Sync configured both QNAP and Asustor, but just few days ago I noticed that the asustor instance is not working any more. The icon has Entry prohibited sign on the bottom right corner and when putting cursor over the icon it gives a text: This connection mode is not supported."

Resilio-Sync-Asustor.png

Any suggestions how to get the Resilio Sync back to active?

Thanks
-Torppari

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...