SyncApp on a Synology DS1010+ (v. 1.0.75)

PeterVerhees

I've mentioned this before. Does anyone have the same problem as me?

When using a Synology NAS (DS1010+ or the DS508) with the latest DSM 4.2 Beta but also the previous DSM 4.1 on the DS1010+ (i386) AND the DSM 4.0 which is running on the DS508 (ppc) (cannot upgrade to newer version) I get this.

./SyncApp_i386-1.0.75: /lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by ./SyncApp_i386-1.0.75)

I get this with 1.0.75, 1.0.63 and 1.0.62. I cannot upgrade my Glibc to a 2.4 variant. The information on the libc.so.6 is:

GNU C Library stable release version 2.3.6, by Roland McGrath et al.
Copyright (C) 2005 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.
There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A
PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
Compiled by GNU CC version 3.3.6.
Compiled on a Linux 2.6.12 system on 2009-11-27.
Available extensions:
GNU libio by Per Bothner
crypt add-on version 2.1 by Michael Glad and others
linuxthreads-0.10 by Xavier Leroy
BIND-8.2.3-T5B
libthread_db work sponsored by Alpha Processor Inc
NIS(YP)/NIS+ NSS modules 0.19 by Thorsten Kukuk
For bug reporting instructions, please see:
<http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/bugs.html>.

Someone out there must also have this problem. I believe on newer nasses of Synology there must be a newer version of glibc installed. Can someone please verify this? Enter this on your commandline:

/lib/libc.so.6

and post the output.

Can someone build me a version for 2.3 glibc to test on my nasses? Or build me a static linked version. I might think that when the SyncApp gets released, lots of people want to run this on their older nas too.

Edited by PeterVerhees

Update:

I managed to start the application after using http://www.magicermine.com/ to create a independent file to run. However this sucks for many reasons. Least of all a 30 day trail. ;-)

Statifier also created a usable independent file, however, this would only run after I turned VDSO (Virtual Dynamic Shared Object) and stack randomization off on my Synology. Which I rather not do for obvious reasons. (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Address_space_layout_randomization)

This is all with the i386 binairy, I have not even started on the PowerPC one and do no even know if this is possible.

The aplha testing is quite the challenge it seems, having fun over here. ;-)