First try W7x64

Gerard Stutje

Dear All,

For years I was a live mesh user, then I used Cubby for a while, but DirectSync went premium.

My wife uses 3 computers, a netbook from work (W7Starter), our home computer and the family notebook, both W7x64 HomePremium. The netbook has only one user with admin rights, on the home computer and the notebook, she has no admin rights to her user.

First was the home computer, I logged into her account, uninstalled Cubby, and installed SyncApp, giving it the admin password whenever asked, At the end, the W7 Firewall could not be opened due to lack of admin rights, but I fixed that from an admin account.

On the notebook I tried executing the installer as administrator to get the firewall modified right at first try, but this created the config files under C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming instead of my wife's user and demanded the Admin password when trying to execute SyncApp from her start-menu.

Right now booting up both computers and opening the two non-admin users, the documents trees, the browser's favorites and the desktops get automagically synchronized as long as they are on the same network, over the internet it doesn't work yet.

--

Just my two cents,

/\

\7erard