Files/folder filters

Le_poilu

Hi

I use Syncapp since the first release, happy to get an invitation at the first time.

So far so good it works so well I use it to sync more than 6 computers on 2 different network (and location). More than 150GB of data are synced through a dozen of shares.

I used Live Mesh for years, then Cubby (until they go to the paid P2P option).. and as surprising as it may seem (Du to it's alpha status) Syncapp is the most efficient tool I ever used !!

Now the little improvement I'll like to see (beside the ones already in discussion here), will be a file/folder filter.

I sync many pictures folders, and each of it contain a thumb.db file that doesn't need to be sync. Same for the "desktop.ini" you'll find on some Windows folders.

I would like to be able to filter off the *.db or *.ini or more specifically desktop.ini , etc.

Thanks and keep it on this way, SyncApp is a well born tool!

Yep, I'm also an ex-Mesh, then ex-Cubby user too, and I agree that even though SyncApp is only in "Alpha" phase right now, it's very impressive and highly efficient already!!

I know a lot of disgruntled Cubby users are leaving (or have left) Cubby in their masses, and they're all currently opting for AeroFS (Cubby's site is full of users requesting AeorFS invites!)... but just wait until they see how great SyncApp is! ...it literally blows the competition out of the water!!

Anyway, I second the idea of having a global filter to opt-out specific file types from syncing. I suspect this will eventualy come to SyncApp, once they've got all the current sync issues resolved (for example, right now zero length files, or those starting with a "." etc aren't being correctly synced)