How to Sync All and Some TV Shows

I have about 3TB of TV Shows on my home server. A couple of my friends have similar home servers and would like to sync the entire folder (TV Shows). A couple other friends would like to sync only a couple select Series. It seems as if SyncApp will let me set up a sync for both TV Shows and Series X folders (Which are inside TV Shows). Will this function the way I hope and not cause issues? Or will this eventually lead to some sort of conflict?

In my "sync-within-a-sync" testing, if you setup a sync on a parent folder, and another different sync on a sub-folder - this will cause issues!

The way around it would be to NOT setup a sync on your parent folder ("TV Shows") at all, but to setup separate syncs for each individual sub-folder ("Series") within. That way you can selectively choose which "Series" folders sync to which devices - i.e. some devices could sync all of them (essentially the entire content of your "TV Shows" folder), others just a selection of them.

*** DISCLAIMER ***

I should perhaps also add that my advice here is given on the assumption that you own the digital copies of these "TV Shows" you wish to share with "friends" - my advice is in no way meant to encourage or facilitate the illegal sharing of any content.

When I say TV Shows I mean "Home Videos". When I say Friends I mean "Family Members". Just thought it would be easier to explain the use-case.

I agree with the selective sync feature, I have enough sub-directories that it would be rather time consuming to set up shares for each folder on all machines.