I have a NAS200 from Linksys with a jac4 firmware (for ssh access). NAS200 CPU is a RDC3210 with x486 instructions set, so i believe linus x386 version of btsync must to work.

I access NAS200 with puTTY, run btsync bin and an error occurs: Access denied. So I modified btsync permissions (with WinSCP) and finally bin runs, but an error occurs: Floating point exception.

Any clue about compability of btsync with NAS200?

Thanks in advance..

• 1 month later...

If it is actually i486 and not i686 it may be incompatible with the floating point instructions generated by the compiler.

If the distribution that BTSync was compiled on has distinct i386 and i686 binary architectures the C compiler for the i686 distribution will generate code using sse instructions that is incompatible with the i486 by default.

Unfortunately, I can't test this as I only have machines with sse and sse2 instructions baked in.

You might do a "cat /proc/cpuinfo" to see if this guess has any chance of being right.

• 2 months later...

I want to run it too on my Linksys NAS200. Just let me know what can I do to help you.

$ cat /proc/cpuinfoprocessor       : 0vendor_id       : unknowncpu family      : 4model           : 0model name      : 486stepping        : unknownfdiv_bug        : nohlt_bug         : nof00f_bug        : nocoma_bug        : nofpu             : nofpu_exception   : nocpuid level     : -1wp              : yesflags           :bogomips        : 49.76

I have downloaded and tried every Linux and NAS file you have with no luck  :(

With file btsync_i386:

$ ./btsyncFloating point exception

I'm using a firmware with Dropbear SSH server (not the original Linksys firmware) you can get it here. The source code is here.

If you want to check the original firmware source code, you can find it here.

I found some info about the RDC R3210.

There is some Linux source code for the RDC processor here.

Thanks.