Client receives ping from other client but does not connect

rosstm

I have two clients set up on a secret but they do not establish a connection. One is my home computer the other is behind a firewall at work. My home computer and NAT are set up to forward the port it is listening on in and that is set up correctly (port shows open on web port checker). My home computer is able to connect to other computers, but my work computer does not connect to anything. I have set up predefined hosts on both computers so that the work computer has no trouble finding the home computer. 

According to the log on the home computer the work computer Does ping it:

[2013-09-23 10:08:34] Got ping (broadcast: 0) from peer 132.XXX.XXX.XXX:48711 (00E77....) for share DB5125....
[2013-09-23 10:08:34] Found peer for folder \\?\C:\Users\Ross\BTSync 00E77... 132.XXX.XXX.XXX:48711 direct:1

However then it does not establish a connection. The work computer log shows no sign of ever getting anything from the home computer in return.

Have others experienced this? What is it about my work firewall that isn't letting it through. It seems like it should be fine as it should just be solicited replies from the home computer back to the work computer.

Connecting through the relay doesn't seem to work either. Thanks for any help!