Can I setup a node to only upload files and not download?

thathamkid

Two scenarios, and both require the same feature:

A couple of buddies and I are going to start ripping a large CD library, and we'd like to setup multiple laptops to help with this task. The finished rips will be stored on a large hard drive connected to a desktop. I'd love to use BTSync as the ripping will be taking place from several public IPs, and I really don't want to use a service like Dropbox as it would get expensive when you have 3TB of FLAC. Since there are seveal thousand CDs, we'd each take a milk-crate home at a time, rip them, and bring it back to the music library. Ultimately though, we'd want to synchronize each rippers' computer with the main desktop.

Second scenario. I have about a terabyte of photos strung across three machines. Over the years my library has just grown that large (and RAW files aren't small). I'd like to merge them all into one place, and although other protocols may be more practical for a single merge, BTSync is great for an ongoing merge. I plan on using the MacBook to edit on the fly, my desktop for at-home editing, and the third machine just needs to dump the photos onto the desktop. The MacBook and the third machine would have "write only" access, while the desktop would keep the complete library and would not write anything to the MacBook or the third machine.

So, what it boils down to: Is there a way to setup BTSync for write-only synchronizing? I'd prefer to not have to play with file permissions and what not to get this to work. If said feature does not exist, would it be possible to add it?