hawibtsync

Environment:

4.150.213 BTSync-1.2.14.apk
1.648.488 BTSync-1.2.82.exe
2.044.500 btsync_i386-1.2.82.tar.gz
2.218.854 btsync_x64-1.2.82.tar.gz

2* Windows 8.1 64bit, QuadCore, 4GB RAM

1* x64 Linux vServer, 16GB RAM

2* i386 Linux 4GB RAM Minimal System (unRAID)

4x APK

Today I had to exclude 2 Windows 8.1 machines from my sync environment because they started to crash during bootup. BTSync usually starts automatically after Windows. The first thing BTSync does when it starts is to re-index. This re-index crashes both Windows 8.1 machines now when it comes to the last shares. It's not always the same share. The first things that happens before the crash is that BTSync reports something like "can't find folder", then Windows goes black and asks to send a crash report to Microsoft.

After that bad experience I disabled autostart of BTSync and did start Windows again --> without BTSync Windows 8.1 worked again.

In a next step I did upgrade both machines to 8GB --> now both, Windows and BTSync, do work again.

In a previous thread I wrote that I had to increase a vServer from 2GB RAM, over 4GB RAM and now finally to 16GB RAM to get BTSync up and running. Here dCacheSize was the limit.

The attached screenshot shows my current shares. This environment (143GB and 72,000 files total) is to much for BTSync on 4GB.

I heard some rumours here in this board that the next release might need not that much memory and system resources. IMHO this is needed, really.

post-24616-0-09343700-1389724776_thumb.p