File Transfer Efficiency?

Hey there,

Apologies if this thread has been covered elsewhere but I couldn't find it.

I have half a dozen nodes in my sync set up, 3 at my home on a dsl connection with a paltry 1 megabit upstream, and 3 in various data-centers around the world all on 100mbit+ upstreams. I've been watching the behavior of sync quite closely but i'm still not quite sure I understand the upload behavior. If I add a large file (say 1gb) to one of my nodes at home it propagates massively quickly through my home nodes (to be expected) but then takes several hours to propagate out to the internet nodes. I'm assuming this is because my slow connectivity is uploading the same pieces to each internet node rather than one internet node, with a fat pipe, getting the piece and distributing it quickly amongst its peers. Is this the case? Is there any way to change this behavior? I've tried even pausing the other two nodes in my home leaving only one, and it still seems to take far longer than it should to upload the file.

My current "work around" method is to pre upload the file to a node I know has the big pipe and copying it to btysnc later but i'd love to remove that step.

Cheers

UDP