Camera Backup To Different Folder

Hi!

On an Android device, when you want to backup your photos you can choose the device you want to backup to. And then it backups the files to the default path on that device (and also share them to all connected devices).

Is it possible to backup the files to another path (that is not on a rather small SSD :)) and one that is not shared with all the connected devices (I only want to make a oneway backup so that I can delete the photos on the phone)? The device I want to backup to is a linux device and I tried to make an symbolic link but that did not work. Any ideas?

Best regards

Nicke

What I do is ignore the built in camera backup. So create a shared folder wherever you want on the Linux device (particularly required if you were to make it read/write on both ends), then share that with the phone and point to the photo location on the phone. Kind of stupid to have to do it that way, but it's easier than figuring out what Sync thinks I'm supposed to do. I think this will end up being writable on both ends, which isn't what you want, but so long as you're the only person dealing with both ends it shouldn't matter.

Alternately, you could also ignore the photo backup feature on the phone, but create the share from it, which *should* allow you to set the Linux end to be read only (by virtue of sharing a read-only key). 

I don't know if version 2 has changed how this works, since I don't use it.