My computer has directories that I'd like to share with some friends. I'd like them to have the option to see the file info and decide which files they would like to receive.

Who needs the Pro version? Does my source compute need the Pro license, or does each friend's (receiving) computer need a Pro license?

If the receiving computers need the pro licenses, what happens when their free trial expires? Do all the files suddenly start copying to their computers?

If the receiving computers need the pro licenses, do the users have time to set "Sync All" to Off before the file transfers start?

Sorry to have to ask these questions. My free trial expired before I was able to get my friends to start using Sync.

Thank you,

Jim

As of right now your friends need the pro license to see the files prior to downloading them.

IMO this is the wrong way. It should be that the person who has the pro license has more control over what files he shares with whom.

So if 3 people have access to the same share I can deselect some files for 2 users and have the third only viewing one - but you can change it on the fly if you want to.

And the question what happens after the trial expires I found out by searching the forums: http://forum.bittorrent.com/topic/34298-private-identity-difference-between-free-and-pro/?p=100080