Mega Backup To Btsync (Small Files)

jago25_98

Any tips on how to backup Mega.co.nz to a btsync? 

Fortunately my files are quite small (photos typically 3mb each) but I don't have enough local storage to grab them all. There should be a way to script this but it's a bit beyond me

any tips on what to search for much appreciated...

mega scriptable command line: 

megatools.megous.com / https://github.com/megous/megatools

... also maybe I can do it partially with a GUI with btsync config set to not delete the remote store after I delet the local photo?

Edited by jago25_98

I was just thinking, if you would use OS X there is an awesome application called Hazel that automates things on a folder/file event basis. I have a couple actions that run shell and javascript scripts for the file that has been caught by a rule for a specific folder.

So let's say that folder would be called "MEGA Upload" and whenever there is a file in it with the extension .mp4 I want to run this rule called X. The rule X tells Hazel to run a script for every file with the extension .mp4 it will do it. So you could call bin/bash and run the magatools upload command for that file and remove the file afterwards automatically.

But that's just if you had OS X :D :/

So.. I have no idea if there's such a thing for Windows. I use Win7 but am still on the hunt for something similar. Right now I have some folder shared from my Win machine to my Mac that my mac is watching with Hazel :D

(BTW I also use MEGAtools and I think it's awesome)