Syncing Individual Files

bennuss

There doesnt seem to be anyway to sync an individual file without any connection to a folder. On my phone under the share setting btsync is an option but doesnt work because it says no folder. I want to be able to use btsync to sent videos from jmy phone to my computer quicly and easily. Or to send someone else a file . I should be able to right click on a file and send to btsync.

Since 2.0 the functionality has gotten better but the UI has gotten significantly worse. It isnt easy to send a file one way or to see anymore the percentage of progress of the sync.The program seems to be designed only as a personal cloud creation ignoring all the other amazing capabilities of the software.

Short answer: No, Sync is not for sharing a single file. You have to add a folder and then put a file in it.

The setup I have with my friends is, that we have a share (for each friend I have one) called temp and in that thing I just drop stuff that is temporary like a any kind of file that I want to give them right away.