Sync the folder alias name or add metadata/description field.

Problem: I run multiple applications that create their own "user" folder.  When adding those folders to Resilio Sync, I can't differentiate between them.  I can only see the orginal path on the local machine, but not the remote machine.  I noticed the option to change the name of the simple/advanced folder alias, without actually changing the folder name.  This is great, but the alias does not appear on other devices, so I still see a bunch of folders named 'user'.

Proposition: It would be great if the alias name was transmitted to the other machines since that would likely be easier/safer than exposing the origin folder path.  Another alternative would be a description field so users could add some differentiation between folders of same name.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I created a ticket for this as it is a problem when trying to link  and differentiate folders that have the same name.  These folders cannot be renamed because they are created by their respective applications.  

I currently have a workaround which requires another machine or directory (a NAS in my case).  I created a share on the NAS, then created folders with unique names that differentiate the original "user" folders.  Next I added THESE folders FIRST to Reslio Sync.  Finally, I was able to link remote machines with the added context to solve the initial problem.  While this "works" for me, it requires running another machine or local sync configuration, which is not realistic for everyone considering potential data size.

I hope my proposition can be implemented with little fuss as it solves a frustrating problem that other users possibly encounter.

Cheers.