Manjaro (Arch Linux) system broken

Hi,

I'm using Manjaro Openbox (with SLIM). I recently tried to use btsync from AUR to synchronize my home folder with a backup hard drive (on a different computer).

Everything seemed to work, but suddenly I got some strange behaviors:

- I couldn't launch any application with either xfce4-panel, synapse, or keyboard shortcuts

- If I right click on the desktop I get this message: "invalid output from pie-menu "/usr/bin/obmenu-generator -i"

- I restarted the system and now I cannot login with my user anymore (it keeps asking for password)

- I can login only with the root account, with which I can launch application but I still get the problem with openbox menu

What made me think that the issue is related to btsync is that few days ago I had the same issue with another old pc with manjaro, but I didn't really care about it and I let it go... Now it is on my working computer. I need help.

Is anybody having the same issue using Arch based linux distributions?

Thanks a lot

Luca

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, the same problem whit kubuntu13.04

The problem start when I add a folder from other device, just after paste de secret on the "client device":

- I couldn't launch any application

- I restarted the system and now I cannot login with my user anymore (it says: cannot cd to folder /home/adrian)

- I can login only with the root account on tty but no on plasma-desktop

This happend twice, the first time I reinstall kubuntu and now hapen again.

This is a serius bug, ¿there are a place to report it?

Note: btsync must delete or change permissions on systems files, tomorrow post the strace of my login (that fails) vs the strace of login whit success.

Regards