Hello.

At first, I am sorry for my bad English. My native language - Russian.

I use BitTorrent Sync 1.1.15.

I think that found errors in program operation.

Case № 1.

We know that Windows 7 creates junctions in folder Documents. These junctions are hidden and are called My Music, My Pictures and My Videos. These are links to folders %USERPROFILE%\Music, Videos and Pictures accordingly. They form in installation time Windows automatically and they are necessary for backward compatibility with prior versions of this OS. However, at attempt to pass under these links, the user is refused in access.

If I try to add folder Documents for synchronization in a file sinc.log appear about such lines:

SSyncFilesController [file updated]: processing file C:\Users\AUser\BTSync - Main\Documents\My Music
SyncFolderScanner: GetFileList failed for folder C:\Users\AUser\BTSync - Main\Documents\My Music

At this stage scanning stops. Files and folders which have been scanned up until that time will be synchronized only. All remaining files are ignored and do not participate in synchronization process.

It seems to me that such behavior is wrong. Probably, in similar situations it is necessary to continue scanning. And to the user to inform that the folder or a file will be eliminated from synchronization.

Case № 2.

I added some folders for synchronization. Files: 68 406; Folders: 6 612. The size: 108 GB (116 617 565 203 byte). Waited the scanning terminations. BitTorrent Sync says that 135.3 GB in 45 522 files. I open a file sinc.log:

[2013-06-22 02:55:41] SyncFilesController[file updated]: processing file C:\Users\AUser\BTSync - Main\BTSync - AUser\Downloads\!Сохраненные\Материалы для игр\Downloads for Fallout New Vegas\XunAmarox Type3 Improved and Oiled Textures\XunAmarox Type3 Improved & Oiled Textures\[Options]\[Base Type]\[oiled]\textures\characters\Shojo 1350666704 1
[2013-06-22 02:55:41] SyncFolderScanner: GetFileList failed for folder C:\Users\AUser\BTSync - Main\BTSync - AUser\Downloads\!Сохраненные\Материалы для игр\Downloads for Fallout New Vegas\XunAmarox Type3 Improved and Oiled Textures\XunAmarox Type3 Improved & Oiled Textures\[Options]\[Base Type]\[oiled]\textures\characters\Shojo

As well as in a case № 1, scanning stops. The further files and folders are ignored.

Perhaps, the reason what how prompts Notepad ++, a path contains 258 characters?

Mine workaround for a case № 1 - to add a line

My Music
My Pictures
My Videos

in a file .SyncIgnore. It works. But only for a special case. In general it is undesirable to receive the unexpected and latent stop of synchronization in the absence of access rights on a separate file or a folder.

What to do in a case № 2 I do not know.

All experiments were led on a notebook and the home PC. On both Windows 7 x64 Ultimate. The case № 1 was watched also on PC Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise.

I hope that you understood that I wrote here.