Amazon EC2 & Sync

For those of you who may be running BTSync on an Ubuntu EC2 instance, could you please shed some light on how you got it successfully running?

Tuxpoldo provides a great Ubuntu apt-get install option that is easy to install and run.

Steps Completed: I have set up & run the btsync service, accessed the GUI control panel, and then added folders.

By setting the port to a specific number (e.g. 37076), I opened UDP & TCP Listening 37076, UDP & TCP Listening 3000 via AWS control panel for "Security Groups."

My (First) Problem: After adding folders w/ keys, no connected devices are displayed and no syncing occurs.

SOLVED: Unchecked "Use NAT UPnP Mapping" on client and device was seen. (doh)

Current Problem: Devices are now seen. Devices show that they're uploading to other devices, but no data is sent. Recipient devices say synced without any awareness of supposedly downloading data.

Screenshot_6_25_13_12_38_AM_2.jpg

post-28462-0-40330100-1372145020_thumb.p

post-28462-0-95137300-1372145047_thumb.p

Please look at the pinned threads.

The Unofficial FAQ ...

I can't connect to other devices - I think it's a Router/Firewall issue?

If BitTorrent Sync is struggling to connect through your Router/Firewall, this post may be of use

Also, if you're having trouble connecting to other devices over a VPN, try increasing the MTU size to at least 1500.

To fix this you will need to turn on the debug log and post the logs (either here or by email) so others can help or you can report an issue.

BTW: Your picture looks wrong I think you're mixing inbound and outbound, see this post

Thanks for the reply rdebath. Should have mentioned I had perused those two resources (unofficial FAQ and router problem post) to no avail.

On a thread just opened this morning regarding the ubuntu server, I learned that the BTSync protocol changed between 1.1.1.5 and 1.0.3.4 so that they would not interact. Updating Mac OS X client to the newest version, which I was using on ubuntu, has resolved the problem.