unzipping folders and viewing images on gui

handsun

I am not quite sure I understand the whole concept of bittorrents, but I do have lots of graphic art files I need to share between computers. Many of them are zipped into folders(compressed) Do I need to uncompress before I synch, and then can I delete the files from my hard drive and access them from the web gui, or share with coworkers who do not have the synch software? I tried to open the http://localhost:8888/gui/ but got an "Unable to Connect" message from firefox. Would I be able to see the images, like I can on dropbox (jpegs and pngs)

Thanks so much!!

Bittorrent Sync is fully peer to peer, meaning there's no centralized web interface that allows you to view your pictures from it. It is a program that runs on your computer directly, allowing you to sync directories with other people who have bittorrent sync.

The web gui you are looking at is only available in the linux versions, and is only used for configuration. You cannot view pictures there either.

If you want to share your pictures with other people, you will have to set up your own server most likely, however if you set up Bittorrent Sync and install a program called ownCloud, you will be able to share pictures with other people over a web interface.

I won't be of any help for you setting up ownCloud, but Google is a good resource.