BTSync Android crashes/reboots HTC One S

Hi,

I just installed the btsync Android app on my HTC One S with stock firmware. What I see is that after adding a folder, the app correctly identifies two other devices for that share. Then it starts receiving the file list. This succeeds at least partially, since I do see a list of directories appearing. At some point though, the app and indeed the entire phone freezes, and after a few seconds it reboots.

I haven't seen other people reporting this, so what can I do to attack this issue? Is there a way to enable debug logging on Android (the sticky post in this forum only mentions Lin/Win/Mac)?

Thanks in advance,

Jeroen

• 1 month later...

I also experience this problem.  I LOVE btsync and want to help.  

I have a droid2.

I only sync over wifi.

I sync 2 folders.

The photo folder, which has been empty,

and a folder that has 125 text files that are mostly less than 1KB each.

My phone reboots 1 or 2 times per day with btsync running.  It might reboot 1 or 2 times per year without btsync.

I am an android app developer myself, please let me know if I can help.

-john

UPDATE: Actually, my phone is still rebooting randomly after I uninstalled btsync, so nevermind I have other issues..

Hi,

Thanks for looking into this! In reply to your questions

- The option "Don't keep activities" is UNchecked on my phone.

- The application crashes both when either in the foreground or in the background, this doesn't seem to make a difference.

- Steps to reproduce for me are simple: Start BTSync. Wait. Watch my phone reboot.

The time until the reboot varies. Sometimes it's almost immediately, sometimes it takes a few minutes. If the app stays alive for long enough, it does show the folder I added, and it also shows the other machines that have that share. Sometimes it even starts syncing. But the phone will _always_ reboot after a while. As long as I do not start the btsync app, the phone does not reboot.

Hope this helps,

Jeroen

• 2 weeks later...