Should I SyncIgnore .git directories?

notbrain

I am currently using BTSync to sync github clones on my office machines and home machines. I am wondering if I should ignore .git directories to make syncing less corruption prone. Every once in a while (or when significant time elapses between office visits or vice versa) I always encounter issues where a bunch of files have .!sync.SyncTemp suffixes, or git reports some copies are in conflict for whatever reason.

Just looking for a shortcut so I don't need to go find out how git works internally more than I already need to. I have a feeling it would be cleaner to allow each .git dir to maintain each location but wonder what other issues that might create.

• 2 months later...

I am wondering, how do you exclude/ignore all ".git" folders in any of the subfolders?

I have trouble with this functionality, I tried many time, and this works when btsync first index the folder (initial import), but ... if I add a new .git folder at some point, it will not ignore it.

Any idea if this is a known issue, or if I am not using .SyncIgnore correctly

In my case, let's say I want to ignore all "foobar" folders, I tried with the following .SyncIgnore content

foobar
*foobar*
*/foobar*/*
*\foobar*\*

Any help is welcome