Peers connect each other but sync doesn't start

mrfree

I've already synced a testing folder between my laptop and my android tablet without any problem.

Now if I use the same secret on my raspi at home the peers see each other, establish a direct connection and, reading the debug log, I can see they correctly calculate the merge stuff and which files should be transferred but the data never start to flow.

At home, where the raspi is, I use PPTP to connect to the modem so the MTU is 1492 instead of 1500 and reading the forum I start thinking it could be a problem. The btsync listening port is correctly forwarded to raspi for both TCP and UDP protocols.

Any idea?

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply... I tried adding another laptop on the same router side of the raspi as you suggested.

Let me use an ascii representation to make my description more clear...

(laptop A, no port fwd) ----- (internet) ----- (home modem) ---PPTP--- (home router) ----- (raspi, port fwd)                                                                               \                                                                                \----- (laptop B, no port fwd)

The recently added laptop B sees the other peers and calculates the MB amount to download but the downstream never starts to flow, but... if I add a file on the laptop B side the upstream flow starts and the file correctly appears on both laptop A (indirect connection) and raspi (direct connection).