Newbie Quick Questions

Xtanfinity

Hello,

If I have say 100 computers with the same folder/files already synced up, and I add 1 new computer by sharing the read only secret key, is the sync faster because it exists on other computers or will it still only be synced using the upstream bandwidth from the original single source ? I think you know what I am hoping for. :)

Thanks for you time,

Xtan

On the reverse, what happens on a network with 100 computers and I add a 100MB file to one computer that can only send at 100KB/sec? Is that one computers connection going to get swamped with 100 requests for the file at the same time?

Sync is "distributed", therefore if you have 100 devices who all want the same file off a single device, that device will send a "chunk" of data to one device, and a different "chunk" to another device, and so forth.That way, each "chunk" of data will become available from multiple devices, meaning that not all 100 devices will need to get the same "chunk" of data from the single original device.